cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MichaelT
Occasional Member - Level 3

remove personal expense question

We issue corporate credit cards to staff, they don't use personal cards for business expenses. 

All expenses on the cards linked to Concur are company expenses.  So there's no such thing as a personal expense that doesn't need to be reimbursed. 

The question "Personal Expense (do not reimburse)" on every expense screen is very confusing for our staff. In some instances it has created the impression that it's okay to put a personal expense on the card, which it's not.

is there a way to remove this question from user screens ?

Untitled.png

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MichaelT This checkbox can be removed. I totally understand how this can cause some issues with employees thinking that they can charge personal items to the corporate card. 

Most likely you will need to submit a Support ticket to SAP Concur Support to have this checkbox removed, unless you have someone at your company that has taken the proper training class to get permission to changes fields. 

I agree with @Munari_alEXPert that if you do remove this checkbox, you have to be prepared for employees to make a personal charge on the corporate card. Usually they do this by mistake. Having an expense type named Personal Expense is a good way to account for those times there is a personal charge on the corporate card. 

Let us know here if you have any other questions regarding this. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

dear @MichaelT 

I am referring to one change I requested on the system 8 years ago, as we were having a similar problem. In my case we asked Concur to change each expense type form and I don't remember if at that time the system was with a drop down selection defaulted to "No" or with a box to be selected as now. In all cases that additional requirement was eliminate from each expense type form but we added an expense type called something like "Non Reimbursable" just to avoid any potential exception which may occurs. 

I don't know the size of your company, but you need to consider that eventually you will have some expenses that are not fully business related.. e.g. a Hotel charge on your company card, that might include a spa or minibar or... whatever is not eventually reimbursable by your company.  If you are the administrator of the system I would reach out to Concur via Concur support ticketing to have this modified. Let me know how it goes.

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MichaelT This checkbox can be removed. I totally understand how this can cause some issues with employees thinking that they can charge personal items to the corporate card. 

Most likely you will need to submit a Support ticket to SAP Concur Support to have this checkbox removed, unless you have someone at your company that has taken the proper training class to get permission to changes fields. 

I agree with @Munari_alEXPert that if you do remove this checkbox, you have to be prepared for employees to make a personal charge on the corporate card. Usually they do this by mistake. Having an expense type named Personal Expense is a good way to account for those times there is a personal charge on the corporate card. 

Let us know here if you have any other questions regarding this. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
MichaelT
Occasional Member - Level 3

Thanks @KevinD

You: Having an expense type named Personal Expense is a good way to account for those times there is a personal charge on the corporate card. 

We do this already, so it links to a payroll suspense account. 

I didn't go into the detail in the original post, but another problem with the current setup is that if the user does tick the box there's no accounting impact (well other than just ignore the transaction, which in the case of corporate cards isn't a solution)

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MichaelT that makes sense. Sounds like in your situation, removing the box would work best. Likely, someone at Concur will need to do this for you, unless you have taken our Advanced Configuration class. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
pmagnus
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hello MichaelT & KevinD,

I'm just wondering if this solution worked? I am new to SAP Concur and my implementation coach said it was not possible to have the "Personal Expense" checkbox removed.  Any advice would be very welcome.

Thank you!

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@pmagnus hello there. Your coach is correct that the Personal Checkbox cannot be removed. This is because your company is using our Standard version of SAP Concur which does not allow removal of this checkbox. Our Professional version of SAP Concur does allow this box to be removed. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey