cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Toru
Occasional Member - Level 1

expense for train fare

Hi Community,

I will be using SAP Concur in Japan. In Japan, we usually use public transportation unlike the U.S. If I enter the train station even "Tokyo", it doesn't pop up. So it seems the best way is to put it under "Expense" with receipt, not "Travel". Is there any similar experience?

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Toru usually when creating expenses on your report, there will be an expense type named Train or one named Public Transportation. 

Where are you entering "Tokyo"? Could you take a screenshot for me and post it here, please?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Gengshi
New Member - Level 1

Hi Kevin,

I have a similar questions. I'd like to travel by train from London to Heidelberg in Germany, but the Concur travel search functions seems to be more focused on booking flights, so I wonder what I should do to book train tickets?

Many thanks,

Gengshi

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Gengshi your company has a travel management company you can call to get your train booked. 

One thing to keep in mind when booking, Concur Travel has fields that ask you the time of day you would like to depart and return. Next to those fields you should see fields with a little plus and minus sign and a number. These fields allow you to increase the size of the search by time. So, if the field shows plus or minus 2, then the entire search window is four hours. Increasing the search window size will likely yield more train results. 

If that still doesn't work, call your travel agency.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.