cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Soazlg
New Member - Level 1

expense combination impossible

Hello, I cannot combine two expense from the same corporate credit card (without receipt). e.g. 2 lunch item together: food+coffee. Thanks for your help 

7 REPLIES 7
JessicaL
Frequent Member - Level 1

Hello,

I am not sure what you are asking. However, if the vendor charged you separately for those items, you would not be able to combine them in Concur. Each charge will be its own line item.

Best,

Jessica
Travel and Expense System Administrator
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Soazlg you cannot combine two credit card charges. Each card charge needs to be added individually to your expense report. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Floris
Occasional Member - Level 1

I don't know how to request a feature enhancement, but it would be SO helpful to be able to do this. Example: I check in to a hotel, and they charge the first night. I check out, and they charge the "rest" (including incidentals - dinners etc). But I get one folio, and it is really just one stay. Why make it hard to reconcile this... the receipt obviously doesn't match either of the charges but it matches their sum.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Floris I understand where you are coming from, but in my experience most hotels do not charge me for my first night, then charge me again for incidentals. Most hotels just do one overall charge for your entire stay. Being able to combine corporate card charges into a single entry would end up making a lot more work for reviewers and approvers. Imagine a user combining a hotel charge to a rental car charge? How do they then attach a receipt and how does the reviewer easily see which amount is for hotel and which amount was for the rental car? I've been at SAP Concur for over 14 years and we have never allowed the ability to combine corporate card charges and my guess is because of all the potential issues this would cause.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Floris

@KevinD  thanks for your reply. "In your experience" is anecdotal, but not a universal reality. Take for example the case where they charge the first night's stay as a non-refundable deposit at the time of booking - common when you attend a conference. I am telling you this situation has occurred to me multiple times (that's how I ended up finding this question...). If I have all the charges on a single receipt, I should be able to say "all these card charges belong with this receipt". How do you recommend I attach a single receipt to two charges?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Floris Here is what I recommend for attaching  single receipt. There are three options:

1. Make a copy of the receipt image file so now you have two copies. Attach as needed.

2. If you have the receipt image file saved on your computer, use the Attach receipt image option to attach to the first charge. The image isn't removed from your computer, so just attach the same image file to the second charge.

3. Ask your site admin to turn on the option below:

KevinD_0-1685025709184.png

I hope this helps. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Floris

Thanks for sticking with me! That seems to cover the situation "well enough". That hidden option (I have no idea who the "site admin" would be that I'd ask...) is the closest to addressing my use case - it's like "consolidating expenses" but at the other end. Same result.