cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twi1356
Occasional Member - Level 1

Very Important-- Need help and Advise

Hello All,

My company has given me Amex corporate card and I used it for Personal Use and after that only  I got  to know that I am not allowed to use it for personal use.

I can see now all the transactions are reflecting in Available Expenses in Concur and I am scared now. What should I do?

Shall I inform the HR as soon as possible or I will not get caught as I have made the all outstanding payment to the card. Please advise as soon as possible

5 REPLIES 5
amoynaha
Occasional Member - Level 3

I have no idea how your companies instance of concur is set up but in ours, I can do this:
1) expense the charge. Fill in category as needed.

2) On the expense, I have a check box titled "Personal Expense, non-reimbursable". This flags the expense as something my company will not send $ to amex for.

3) I am now responsible for sending money directly to Amex.
4) Doing this allows me to get the expense out of the system but my company is not paying for it. I do not have to talk to my finance department about this as the company never pays the $ for it. I do.

amoynaha
Occasional Member - Level 3

I should have said that I don't tell my HR or finance people because this is the proper way to handle this kind of situation. I didn't want you to think I wasn't telling them in order to hide anything. It's just not required so long as I'm actually paying for the personal charges

HendrikV
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

It depends on the settings for the card transactions.
1. Option: If this individual pay (=you pay AMEX, or your company pays on your behalf to AMEX), there are two possibilities depending on the configuration: You can delete the card transaction from the buffer or do what was already described. Put them in an Expense Report, mark them as a Personal item, and maybe add a comment that you were unaware of the usage restriction.
2. Option: If this is a corporate pay card (=the corporate payments the amount, and you are not liable to pay directly to AMEX). This is more uncommon and, based on what you describe, most likely not the case because here you need to do the same, as described before, but you have to reimburse the company; as I said, it is unlikely that this is the case here.

In any case, write a short comment on each line item for audit purposes if you can't delete the line items. Tell your manager/HR of this, and all should be good.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@twi1356 you probably aren't going to know how your company card is set up, so you may need to speak with your direct manager. If your company does pay off the card up front and you end up submitting these as personal expenses, then a second payment is going to post to the account, which will then be a double payment for the expenses. If your company is set up so that they don't make payments to the card until you have submitted a report, then you will be fine as is.

Again, it is important to find out how your company handles the company card.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@twi1356  Just to add on to Kevin's response, I was able to see that you company uses both a Company Billed/Company Paid and Individual Bill/Company Paid payment types. You will definitely want to reach out to them to determine how they want you to handle these situations.  Most likely you are not the first person to have done this, and they probably have a process in place.  Let us know if you  have any more questions!

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.