cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mass
Occasional Member - Level 3

Updating verified email addresses using API

Hi All

We update our user records using the User API but are now facing an issue updating the email address fields when an employee changes their email address due to marriage etc..

The CTE Login Name updates fine, but there are a couple of other email address fields used for notifications etc which also require updating.

The issue we face is that if an employee has verified the email address on their profile then the API is unable to update the address.

I'd like to know if anyone has an automated solution for this as I'd like to steer away from manually maintaining user records.

Perhaps we need to ask staff to un-verify their email addresses before the change can go through?

Mass_0-1710152981067.png

Many thanks as always,
Mass

1 REPLY 1
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@Mass Hi!  That is a great question.  I am checking with our Email team and seeing if they have a workaround for this.  My first thought though is that you can just have the user unverify the email and then update and have them re-verify.  However, I will let you know if there is a more automated way for this to happen. 

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.