cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NMTyres192
Occasional Member - Level 1

Unable to submit a claim

Good Morning,

I am unable to submit a claim to due 2 reasons.

a red circle with an exclamation mark

this has N/A in front of it. then says

this report has a net credit amount due employee, please hold the credit(s) until you have out of pocket entries to offset.

and a yellow triangle  warning.  in front it says,

Gifts - Staff and after it reads - Warning. Standard VAT is reclaimable only if less than £50 (gross). Only applicable where the total cost of all client gifts does not exceed £50 in any given tax year and this is not a part of series of gifts.

Can you assist please?

The gift is for £50 as it was for a competition for staff.

3 Solutions
Solution
JessicaL
Frequent Member - Level 1

The first alert is saying that the claim total is less than zero - did you have a refund in this report? If so, Concur can only accept claims that are over zero so that it can process them. Even if you delete the refund from this report, this alert will still show in some cases. It may be best to start a new claim without the refund in it, or wait until you have enough standard transactions to exceed the amount of the refund.

The yellow triangle is only a warning and you can submit the claim even with this - it is the red alert that is stopping you from being able to submit.

Best,

Jessica
Travel and Expense System Administrator

View solution in original post

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@NMTyres192 @JessicaL is spot on with her reply. You either need to delete the entry with the negative amount or wait until you incur more business expenses that will exceed the amount of the credit. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

Solution
Yatesie

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me.  I have the same issue with a negative -$29.24 net credit amount.  Uber charged me on the wrong card but I was able to reverse the expense and pay on my personal card but since then I have this reminder every day.  I have tried deleting the report and I have used the credit card since thinking that would offset the amount but to no avail.  

Any thoughts here?  Thank you.

Yatesie_0-1641943859655.png

8 REPLIES 8
Solution
JessicaL
Frequent Member - Level 1

The first alert is saying that the claim total is less than zero - did you have a refund in this report? If so, Concur can only accept claims that are over zero so that it can process them. Even if you delete the refund from this report, this alert will still show in some cases. It may be best to start a new claim without the refund in it, or wait until you have enough standard transactions to exceed the amount of the refund.

The yellow triangle is only a warning and you can submit the claim even with this - it is the red alert that is stopping you from being able to submit.

Best,

Jessica
Travel and Expense System Administrator
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@NMTyres192 @JessicaL is spot on with her reply. You either need to delete the entry with the negative amount or wait until you incur more business expenses that will exceed the amount of the credit. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Solution
Yatesie

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me.  I have the same issue with a negative -$29.24 net credit amount.  Uber charged me on the wrong card but I was able to reverse the expense and pay on my personal card but since then I have this reminder every day.  I have tried deleting the report and I have used the credit card since thinking that would offset the amount but to no avail.  

Any thoughts here?  Thank you.

Yatesie_0-1641943859655.png

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Yatesie the system does not allow for a negative amount expense report. You'll need to wait until you have other company card charges come in, add them to this report so they will offset this negative amount. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Yatesie

That makes sense now!  Thank you.  

KenChan
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hello Kevin, Does this mean we cannot tie the Concur report with the credit card statement? Say I have $100 purchase, $200 refund for the period. The credit card statement would show ($100 credit)=100-200.  But if I hide the refund transaction. I will need an additional reconciliation between the credit card statement from the bank and Concur?

Thanks 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@KenChan Why would you hide the refund transaction?

One thing that trips people up on expense reports refunds. The easiest way to explain them is to treat them like any other transaction. Add it to your report and submit it. This will even things out because if an overcharge or incorrect charge happened. SAP Concur doesn't connect to the user's card statement, so there is no way of seeing in SAP Concur the balance on a user's company credit card.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
KenChan
Occasional Member - Level 2

Thanks @KevinD . That's exactly what I was trying to say ... 

There is an exception NEGCCRPT (This Report has a Net Credit amount of credit card transactions, please hold the credit(s) until you have credit card charges to offset) 

It is exception level 99. I am lowering it so that it won't be a hard error. I will see if the report will flow into our custom extract and our own accounting system properly. 

Thanks