cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rileyash
Occasional Member - Level 1

Trouble with Expense Accrual Reporting

Hi,

I'm trying to create an Expense Accrual Report for a certain department at my company. I have all the employees from this department listed in the "Choice" box for my report, but it will only give me information for 3 employees of 11 and doesn't include all of the information from those 3 employees.

I'm not sure why this is; I've tried creating the report a couple different times and it still pulls the same information. I've also tried creating it for only one of the employees that had no information come up but definitely has reports in the date range I've selected, and it said no details.

Let me know if you can help!

Thanks,

Riley

6 REPLIES 6
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rileyash first off, great meeting you at Fusion. 

What is the name of the report you created? I'd need to take a look before being able to offer some help. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
rileyash

You too!

It's saved with the default name in My content as Report View of Expense Accrual by Date Range. There's a good chance, I've missed something pretty obvious. I've saved it as a Report View but I'm not quite sure what the difference is between that and a normal report is as it gives me the same Excel sheet when I run it. 

It also looks like I'm unable to save it to the Team content folder which is why it's only in My content. 

Apologies, I'm still pretty green. 

Thanks,

Rash

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rileyash is this the Expense Accrual report from the Standard Reports? Did you try and make changes to this report?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
rileyash

Yep, it's just the Standard Report, but it won't show the data from 8 of the 11 employees I have listed when generating it.

Thanks,

Rash

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rileyash so, I ran the report with the 11 names and I noticed the Date Range you have selected is Jan. 1, 2022 through Dec. 31, 2022. That is probably the issue. The Accrual Report shows expenses that are not fully approved. What that means is if one of the 11 users doesn't have any outstanding (unapproved expenses), they will not have any data.

I looked up the user on your list with first name William. I ran a query for Submit Date from Jan. 1, 2022 and three expense reports all came up. However, their statuses are Sent for Payment. These would not fall into the Accrual Report because it is only looking for unapproved expenses. Does that make sense? 

It's likely the eight employees are all caught up on their expense reports and do not have any reports that are not fully approved yet. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
rileyash

Gotcha. Makes sense! 

I'm looking for what they spent last year. I see that I was just using the wrong report. I found "Expense Report Totals". Looks like that's what I need but it's not quite as detailed as I'd like. 

I'll play around with it a little bit and see if I can't get it to suit my needs a little better.

Thanks for the help Kevin!

Rash