cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jvandusen0820
Occasional Member - Level 1

Trip approval - not present in Add box

I am attempting to attach a Trip Pre-Approval.  The Pre-Approval is in my list under "Approvals"  has a status of "Approved" but is not available for selection under the Add Attachment.  

Is there another step necessary to make it move to the "available" list?

Jeanne 

5 REPLIES 5
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jvandusen0820 I took a look at your SAP Concur account and the only thing I can think of, and this is just a guess, is that you have a pre-trip approval that is approved but has not yet been assigned to an expense report. It is the one with Request ID: G93L. The other two requests you have are both showing approved, but do not have the option to create an expense. 

Try assigning this outstanding request to a report. If you open up the request, you will see a button that says "Create Expense Report". Give that a try and see if it then allows the next request to be added. 

Maybe your site is configured to not allow requests to be assigned until previous requests have been used. Again, just a guess here but let's see what happens. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
jvandusen0820

@KevinD thank you for looking - i need to link request NHCQ to Expense Report "MRO Americas - Cancelled Trip (no S0MSPL)" .  

I have already submitted expense reports for MGL7 (CFM F2F 2Q22 no RYBOJE) & G93L (GRC no 2G6K07 & GRC CE Visit 2021 no 2EFCA9) with no issues - except that maybe I didn't link the pre-approval requests properly to the expense reports as I should have done.  I'm not sure how to fix these, if that's necessary, now that they've been submitted and approved.  

@jvandusen0820 I understand which report you need to submit, but what I was guessing is that since you didn't assign Request G93L to a report, the site might be set up to not allow you to link later dated requests until you have linked an outstanding request. That is the only thing I can think of since all requests are approved. G93L is the only one showing it can be added to a report. My suggestion was to see what happens if you assign G93L to a report. See if that will then make the other outstanding requests available. 

Does that make sense? You may need to close the G93L request. It is possible that the system sees this as still "active" and is waiting for it to either be closed or added to a report. Since you have already submitted the expenses for that request, I would close it and see if that then allows the next request in your approved requests to be added to a report.  

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
jvandusen0820

I still need help - I closed G93L request - and somehow this also closed NHCQ request.  Also - I don't think I actually attached MGL7 to the report that was submitted - it still shows as "approved" but is not available to select for attaching to a report either.  Any possible way I could get a meeting with tech support to help me with this?

jvandusen0820

I have since submitted a "case" and have been told that because I attached my $2000 Pre-Approval to report 665B068834E549BB9886 that I had submitted for the $9 Travel Agent fee I cannot add the same Pre-Approval to another report.  I actually had submitted this when I thought I was "refunded" the ticket price for my cancelled trip - and then later realized that instead of a refund I was given an airline credit.  I was informed that I cannot attach a Pre-Approval to more than one expense report  - that attaching the pre-approval to a report closes the Pre-Approval regardless of the amount left.  So - is there any way at all to rectify this?  I could add the ticket to my expense report for my upcoming trip (which I used the credit for) but this expense report is already delinquent and I will not travel until mid July to file the new report.  Can the Pre-Approval NHCQ be reset to active by IT?

I highly recommend that there be an option to attach a pre-approval to at least 2 reports.  Frequently a trip is planned in advance and an airline ticket is purchased well ahead of travel and since there is requirement to file expense report within 30 days you must file the expense report for the ticket cost separately from the full trip expense report.