cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
THATCH312
Occasional Member - Level 3

Tracking Unsubmitted Expense Reports - Help!

Good Afternoon,

We recently implemented Expense in the US & CAD.  I'm trying to find out what other companies are doing to keep track of unsubmitted expense reports.  We currently have automated emails that go out from Concur but people are still not submitting.  We utilize Cognos reporting to see at a glance who has old expenses (60+ days) that have not been submitted.  We are using that report and MANUALLY sending out emails to those employees asking them to submit.  This is a very time intensive and cumbersome task to complete monthly.  The downside for us is that our corporate card program is CBCP (company billed/company paid) so there is no urgency on the employees end to get these submitted.  

Hoping someone can share what they are doing in hopes we can make this task less daunting.

Thank you!
Tracy

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@THATCH312 from my experience, you are doing all that can be done. I have not come across an easier method other than automating the Cognos report that shows the overdue transactions. 

Unfortunately, if you do not have any consequence for overdue transactions, your employees are going to keep doing what they are doing. 

Two things I have seen our customers do:

1. Activate an Audit Rule that does not let them submit any new expense reports if they have overdue transactions. For example, I have transactions unsubmitted from June. I try to create a new report and submit my October expenses. The systems blocks this submission until I have submitted the June expenses on a separate report.

2. Some customers will shut off the employee's card until they are caught up on their expenses. I personally like this option and am pretty confident it will teach the employees to be more timely.

Other than these two options, you are doing what I've seen most other customers do. Maybe someone else has some suggestions.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@THATCH312 from my experience, you are doing all that can be done. I have not come across an easier method other than automating the Cognos report that shows the overdue transactions. 

Unfortunately, if you do not have any consequence for overdue transactions, your employees are going to keep doing what they are doing. 

Two things I have seen our customers do:

1. Activate an Audit Rule that does not let them submit any new expense reports if they have overdue transactions. For example, I have transactions unsubmitted from June. I try to create a new report and submit my October expenses. The systems blocks this submission until I have submitted the June expenses on a separate report.

2. Some customers will shut off the employee's card until they are caught up on their expenses. I personally like this option and am pretty confident it will teach the employees to be more timely.

Other than these two options, you are doing what I've seen most other customers do. Maybe someone else has some suggestions.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
MrThistle
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hey Thatch312 how do you do this? "We currently have automated emails that go out from Concur but people are still not submitting.  We utilize Cognos reporting to see at a glance who has old expenses (60+ days) that have not been submitted."