cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
voganrob
New Member - Level 1

Total Miles Driven

is there a way to pull total miles driven during calendar year 2021?

9 REPLIES 9
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@voganrob I replied to you through email. Just confirming you received my email. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
ScottHutchinson
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi Kevin, I'm interested in this topic but to obtain the data on how many miles logged in the UK tax year and total amount paid. Is this possible?

@ScottHutchinson It is possible. However, I need to know two things:

1. Does your company use Cognos Reporting? 

2. If the answer to question one is yes, how familiar are you with Cognos reporting?

I'll await your reply. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
ScottHutchinson

Hi Kevin, no we don't use Cognos. Even if I can pull of the number of miles driven in a given period that would suffice if costs paid aren't available.

Best

Scott

@ScottHutchinson I went to your site and did see you are using Cognos. You will see it as Analysis. 

I checked your profile and you do not have access to Analysis. I would request from your site admin that add the Business Author role to your profile. With this role you could build out the report you are requesting. This is the only way to get the details you are looking for in a report.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
mpurple

@KevinD I have the same question. I am looking to pull the total miles driven for 2021. I do use Cognos reporting as a Professional Author.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mpurple are you looking for total miles driven broken down by employee or do you want to see total miles driven by your company as a whole? 

If by employee, you need to add the following data items:

1. Employee Name

2. Report Name

3. Expense Type (Filter for Personal Car Mileage or whatever your mileage expense type name is)

4. Business Distance (Found in the Expense Reports>Car Expenses folder)

Group your data items for Employee and Report Name

Next, click on the Business Distance column. Once selected click the Summarize tool bar icon and select Total from the options. This should add up a total for all employees. I believe at the very end of the report, it will show a grand total as well. 

KevinD_0-1654109055672.png

I went off the assumption you would use Report Studio to build the report. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
mpurple

Thank you Kevin. This was very helpful. I was originally looking for the company total but then ended up needing it broken out by employee so this was very useful. Thanks again! 

I am currently trying to fill in my tax return. Last year the site gave me the total mileage year to date figure at the bottom of each report for that year and then started again from zero in April. However, this year no matter what report I look at going all the way back to 2020 it says the same figure! Is there a way of looking at my mileage from April 2021-April 2022 specifically?

I am not sure if my company uses Cognos and do not have any experience with that platform. Thanks.