cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GijsW
Occasional Member - Level 1

This expense cannot be submitted until it is matched to an imported card transaction

Dear,

Currently I have an expense (Hotel) in my report which gives an "This expense cannot be submitted until it is matched to an imported card transaction" error. 

Also for other expenses I paid with credit card, it only gives me an option to select "cash" for payment method,

I think I coincidentally deleted the transactions while they where in the available expense list. I do not know how to recover them in order to link it to the expenses I have. Can you please help me?

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@GijsW okay, I checked your site and your company does have the delete option turned on. I personally do not recommend companies turn this on to avoid situations like yours where someone deletes their transactions and then doesn't reconcile their company card through SAP Concur. This is how your company knows how much to pay to either their employees or the card company to get that employee's card paid in full. 

The nice thing is, even if you delete card transactions, your company card admin can release them back to you. I see that you have three transaction you deleted and two others that the system hid for some reason. I'll send you a private message here on the community with a name of who you can speak to about these hidden transactions. 

Going forward, if you see an item that looks like the one highlighted below, do not delete. This is the company card transaction and needs to be submitted.

KevinD_0-1659107336325.png

When you see items that look like duplicates, you can actually combine them or let the system combine them. For example, I see that you are using our mobile app to capture receipts, correct? Well those receipt items will be available within a minute or so. Your company card transactions will take a few days to appear. Let the system do its best to match up these items for you. So, if you make a purchase on your company card and then use the mobile app to capture the receipt, don't do anything with that receipt item when it appears in your Available Expenses, let it sit there. When the card transaction uploads a few days later, the system should match the receipt to the card transaction. 

KevinD_1-1659107404516.png

These items above are ExpenseIt items (receipts you captured in the mobile app). They will take about a minute to be ready. If you see these in your Available Expenses, ask yourself, "did I make this purchase on my company card"? If so, then wait a few days for the item to match. 

I hope this helps. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@GijsW was the credit card you used an assigned corporate card? If so, these transactions should be uploading into your Available Expenses. Also, your company likely has turned off the ability to delete corporate card charges, so what you deleted were probably the travel itinerary items related to Airfare, Car Rental and/or Hotel. Those are fine to be deleted as long as the company card charges for them are added to a report and you have receipts for these purchases. 

Items that you may have deleted, cannot be recovered by you. If your company actually has allowed the deletion of company card transactions, then to get those back, you would need to contact the department at your company (Finance or Accounting likely) that assigns company cards and have them release those transactions back to you.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
GijsW

Hi @KevinD , The credit card is indeed an assigned corporate card. How can I check what settings my company has regarding the ability to delete transactions in concur? What I remember (> 1 week ago.) is that all expenses where added to concur, and also several (if not: all) transactions where added as well. At a certain moment there were in my view a lot of "double" items (expense/transactions) in the list, so I started deleting the expenses. But then also the transactions (most likely linked to it?) where automatically deleted as well. After I ended with an empty list. As a work-around: what if for my hotel I fill "cash" instead of "credit card" in the payment method?

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@GijsW okay, I checked your site and your company does have the delete option turned on. I personally do not recommend companies turn this on to avoid situations like yours where someone deletes their transactions and then doesn't reconcile their company card through SAP Concur. This is how your company knows how much to pay to either their employees or the card company to get that employee's card paid in full. 

The nice thing is, even if you delete card transactions, your company card admin can release them back to you. I see that you have three transaction you deleted and two others that the system hid for some reason. I'll send you a private message here on the community with a name of who you can speak to about these hidden transactions. 

Going forward, if you see an item that looks like the one highlighted below, do not delete. This is the company card transaction and needs to be submitted.

KevinD_0-1659107336325.png

When you see items that look like duplicates, you can actually combine them or let the system combine them. For example, I see that you are using our mobile app to capture receipts, correct? Well those receipt items will be available within a minute or so. Your company card transactions will take a few days to appear. Let the system do its best to match up these items for you. So, if you make a purchase on your company card and then use the mobile app to capture the receipt, don't do anything with that receipt item when it appears in your Available Expenses, let it sit there. When the card transaction uploads a few days later, the system should match the receipt to the card transaction. 

KevinD_1-1659107404516.png

These items above are ExpenseIt items (receipts you captured in the mobile app). They will take about a minute to be ready. If you see these in your Available Expenses, ask yourself, "did I make this purchase on my company card"? If so, then wait a few days for the item to match. 

I hope this helps. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
cmclori1

I am having the same issue. I may have deleted one transaction somehow from my company credit card. It looks like a duplicate expense however so I am confused. There is no “imported card transaction” to match my expense to

GijsW

Thank you. After recovering the deleted items, I was able to declare it.