cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sundownstophe1
New Member - Level 1

Split payment option?

Is there a way to split a payment between two credit cards in the expense portion?  For example, I reserve a rental for 7 days, 4 of the days I want to pay with the business card and 3 of the days with my personal card.  Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sundownstophe1 if you haven't paid for the car yet, then just split the payment when you return the car. However, if you paid for the car fully on one of the cards, then you won't be able to split it when adding to your report. Can you provide a little more explanation of the exact scenario. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
sundownstophe1
New Member - Level 1

Kevin,

Thank you for your response.  What I'd like to do is reserve a car from 21-28 Feb.  That will be for company business 21-25 and personal use 26-28.  When it comes time to complete my expense report in Concur, I was wondering if there is a way to be sure that the company pays the amount for 21-25 Feb and if I could put the rest on my personal card.  What I think your saying makes way more sense, reserve it like normal, but wen turning the car in, have them split the payment.

irigmv
Occasional Member - Level 2

Checking if there is a way to split this payment. I have the same scenario , except Hertz rental would not let me split the payment  . 3 days of rental car use was for work but I used 3 days after with personal use because of a rental car shortage.    Is there a way to personal way back the  difference to the te card?       Thanks 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@irigmv if the entire car rental was paid for on your company card, then what you will do is when you add this transaction to your report, use the Itemize option. Use Car Rental as the expense type, enter the amount that was the business portion total. Fill out any other fields and save. You will see there is a remaining amount to be itemized. Use Car Rental again, but this time as you are filling out the details, be sure to click the little checkbox that says Personal Expense (do not reimburse). 

If you are on our NextGen UI, when you itemize the first portion and save, the system will automatically add a second itemization for the remaining amount. Be sure to drill into this itemization so you can mark it as personal. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
irigmv
Occasional Member - Level 2

OK thanks Kevin 

Irda
New Member - Level 1

Hi Kevin, I'm in a similar situation but I'd like to know how am I going to pay for the difference as personal expense. Is SAP going to take the difference from my last payslip or how can I change the card details for the payment ?
A bit of context: I paid for a team dinner and we exceed budget but my Manager and other EDs told me they'll cover for the difference. So how can I assign this "personal expense" to someone else eventually?