cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kknight
Occasional Member - Level 1

Repeated Error trying to create new expense report

I'm having trouble creating a new expense report to attach an existing expense and receipt. I get the same error popup in Concur every time. I have tried 3 different browsers (Chrome, Safari, and Brave) and have logged out and back in repeatedly per the error message with no luck.

Error message (the code changes each time the error appears):
Sorry, but something went wrong with this task. Try refreshing the page, or sign out and sign in again.
If the problem persists, please contact your company administrator or help desk with the following incident code: 73eefd87-b867-4023-96ae-42a8021dccb5

Error re-creation steps:

1. Log into Concur

2. Tap "Available Expenses" under "My Tasks" where I have one available expense listed. This takes me to "Manage Expenses".

3. I have one entry under "Available Expenses". I select its checkbox and choose "Move to" -> "New Report"

4. This gives me the error message popup.

5. I try tapping "Create New Report" button in upper right. This also gives me the same error message popup.

6. I try tapping the 3-dot/ellipsis icon on the right of the available expense entry and choose "Move to" -> "New Report". This again gives me the error message popup.

7. I try tapping “Start a Report” from the main Concur dashboard page. Same error.

Other pertinent info:

• My email address is verified

• I have entered all settings/preference data, including banking info.

• I have not submitted any expenses before. This is my first attempt.

I have looked at the underlying network response JSON and I don't see any other valuable error information to help me debug the problem myself. I have also checked Concur’s posted status which does not show any degradation in their service. I have searched Concur’s support forums with no real resolution found other than folks saying “It’s a Concur issue.”

Is there something I'm doing wrong to create a new report to submit my expenses? Thank you!

1 Solution
Solution
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@kknight Hi!  I'm sorry for the issues you are having creating a report.  I was able to look up the error logs with the Correlation ID you provided (thank you) and this is what is causing the error:

You cannot create a new expense report until the user has been assigned a ledger. Please contact the Concur administrator of the user's company.

You will need to have a ledger added to your profile. If you are unsure who to reach out to, just send me a private message and I can get that info for you!

To send me a private message, click my username (MelanieT), then click Message.

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@kknight Hi!  I'm sorry for the issues you are having creating a report.  I was able to look up the error logs with the Correlation ID you provided (thank you) and this is what is causing the error:

You cannot create a new expense report until the user has been assigned a ledger. Please contact the Concur administrator of the user's company.

You will need to have a ledger added to your profile. If you are unsure who to reach out to, just send me a private message and I can get that info for you!

To send me a private message, click my username (MelanieT), then click Message.

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
kknight
Occasional Member - Level 1

Thank you @MelanieT!  I was able to contact our internal admin on this and they were able to get me properly configured based on your response.  I'm up and running now!