cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alisonking
Occasional Member - Level 1

Reimbursements to your company card after I paid my card off. What happens now?

I needed to pay off my company credit card in order to prevent a late fee on the card before I was able to do about $5,000 worth of expenses. Does anyone know what will happen when I do all my expense reports since there is no balance on the card? Is it possible to request that these purchases be made straight to my linked bank account? Thank you for any help that you may be able to give me.

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@alisonking I believe since you personally paid the card out of our own pocket, you would need to add all your corp card transactions to a report and mark them all as personal to ensure your company doesn't provide any payment. Next, to pay yourself back, you would need to create manual expense entries for each card transaction and submit those. All of these can be on the same report.

Now, big caveat here...you should ask your direct manager if what I'm proposing is acceptable or not. This is a bit of an unusual situation, so when doing something out of the norm, you should get approval from your manager. 

My recommendation is a suggestion only and predicated on you getting approval from your company. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@alisonking I believe since you personally paid the card out of our own pocket, you would need to add all your corp card transactions to a report and mark them all as personal to ensure your company doesn't provide any payment. Next, to pay yourself back, you would need to create manual expense entries for each card transaction and submit those. All of these can be on the same report.

Now, big caveat here...you should ask your direct manager if what I'm proposing is acceptable or not. This is a bit of an unusual situation, so when doing something out of the norm, you should get approval from your manager. 

My recommendation is a suggestion only and predicated on you getting approval from your company. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
alisonking
Occasional Member - Level 1

Thank you @KevinD  Your response made sense in this situation. My company chose a different course of action but had they not responded, I would have chosen this course. Cheers!

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@alisonking what did your company end up telling you to do? This could be helpful for others who encounter this situation. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Nancyagfa
Super User
Super User

If your card is an individual bill/individual pay and you are responsible for paying the bill every month, just submit your expenses to get reimbursed for the amount you paid out.  The balance on the card will not matter.  If your card is an individual bill/company paid, then you should have let the company pay the billing and the late fee may have been charged to you for being late with your expense report.  I have never heard of expenses being charged directly from a bank account.  If they are to be on a corp card, then that's where they will go.

Nancy Murray
Agfa