cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saumya
Occasional Member - Level 2

Receipt Audit

Hello,

We have done a random audit of receipts attached by users in expense report and found few anomalies. Some receipts were barely readable and some were handwritten. Please suggest ways and best practices to avoid such compliance issues.

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@saumya I'll make three suggestions:

1. Educate your approvers on reviewing all line items and receipts on the report making sure to tell them if the receipt isn't legible, to send back the report to the user asking them for a clearer receipt.

2. Educate your end users by providing examples of acceptable receipts and non-acceptable receipts. Be sure to tell them they risk having the report returned if the receipt isn't legible. 

3. As @rberlth mentioned, be sure to Audit reports before giving final approval. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rberlth
Occasional Member - Level 3

@saumya If you want to avoid such anomalies regarding receipts, you should audit all or at least randomly receipts after submission but before paying. This step is usually being done by the so called processor. If you don't have such processors in your entity I highly recommend Concur Audit. It is an extra service Concur provides, it costs extra though.

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@saumya I'll make three suggestions:

1. Educate your approvers on reviewing all line items and receipts on the report making sure to tell them if the receipt isn't legible, to send back the report to the user asking them for a clearer receipt.

2. Educate your end users by providing examples of acceptable receipts and non-acceptable receipts. Be sure to tell them they risk having the report returned if the receipt isn't legible. 

3. As @rberlth mentioned, be sure to Audit reports before giving final approval. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.