cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeBresnan
Occasional Member - Level 1

Personal Charges, how to integrate?

Is there a best practice walkthrough or anything on integrating personal charges on an employees corporate card? right now, our setup has them going into a black box of sorts and it's the honor system on employees repaying those funds. I tried to tweak our Expense Connect mapping to bring in those rows, but it is throwing everything off, especially if someone marks a credit back to the card as personal.

Has anyone out there been through this process?

2 REPLIES 2
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MikeBresnan have you set up an Audit Rule to flag corporate card expenses marked as personal? This is one of the best ways to show all approvers that something has been marked as personal. You can build a Cognos report that would show all reports with the Exception code associated to the Audit Rule. Then you have a list of all those that owe the company money.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
MikeBresnan
Occasional Member - Level 1

So we're not having an issue within Concur so much, but more on the ERP side. There is nothing on our balance sheet to reflect personal expenses owed to the company, and therefore nothing to reverse when the cash is received in our AR module. i wanted to be able to incorporate these charges alongside the normal activity, but the way the data in the feed is presented, it's not very straightforward. So just wondering if anyone else has any guidance here.

I wonder if a better solution would be to book an entry to record these balances on a regular cadence, rather than trying to bring them in on a transaction level? that would certainly be easier, from a technical perspective...