cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hap
Occasional Member - Level 2

Pending Card Transaction Issue

I have a similar issue to several others I've seen here. 

I booked travel with Concur, and used my corporate MC credit card to pay for lodging there. 

The lodging expense showed up here online, however under payment type it shows 'Pending Card Transaction', and an Alert with the text: 'This expense cannot be submitted until it is matched to an imported card transaction. If this was not paid for via card, you may edit the payment type of the expense to reflect the actual payment method'. 

How do I resolve this?  And what can be done to prevent this issue from happening again?

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Hap when did you pay for the hotel? It might just be the corporate card transaction hasn't come into your account yet. The hotel itinerary item or the e-receipt will show up before the actual card charge, that's why the item you see says Pending Card Transaction. The system is waiting for the actual company card charge to come in. When it does, it should match up to the Pending Card Transaction item. When they match, the Pending will go away and be replaced with the company card payment type. I think if you wait another day or two, this will resolve. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
Kris01
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi Kevin , need your advice . I made reimbursement for hotel in March . The expense was reimbursed. Now after more than two months I got a message that there is an outstanding invoice in Concur . This had not beed there before when  I made the reimbursement.  But not it is not possible to reimburse it again .

Kris01_0-1684919241147.png

Kris01_1-1684919298041.png

it is not possible to reimburse it .

Below is hotel I dad reimburse before . 

Kris01_2-1684919412688.png

Please could you advice me what to do . Thank you

otariq
New Member - Level 2

otariq_0-1660585794855.png

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@otariq I went back and looked at your KCB Bank Deployment expense report and found corporate card transactions on this report that match the pending items you are asking about. As I said earlier, it is very likely the pending items you think haven't posted yet are likely already on a submitted report and that is why you have to look closely at your past reports. I've provided an example below. 

This screenshot is from your submitted report named KCB Bank Deployment

KevinD_0-1660589016047.png

Here is a pending item from your Expenses not Processed report

KevinD_1-1660589110664.png

These two items are the same expense. The amounts are slightly different as far as USD, but in KES the amounts are the same. The dates match and so does the vendor. So, this is one example of the expense already being posted and submitted by you. As I went through your list of pending items and the items submitted on the KCB Bank Deployment, I found a credit card charge that matches each of these pending items. Since you have already submitted these pending items on the KCB Bank Deployment report, you can just delete all these pending items from off the Expenses not Processed report.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
EssentraRM

Hello, the responses above have been helpful as well as the FAQ link posted.  However, I have an issue related to an EE with an Available Expense for an item marked as "zNot Used - Pending Card Transaction" for a hotel charge that occurred on 3/2/23.  The final charge for the hotel was processed in a March expense report and the charge appeared and was processed on the company credit card.  But the 'Pending' transaction still remains in Concur.

Per the earlier instructions, I should DELETE this transaction from the EE's Available Expense list.  However, there is an Alert error indicating that "Company does not allow expenses for (card charge , E-receipt , Reservation) to be deleted.

Is there another option/process I need to follow for this item? 

Thanks

ckarasinski

We are having the same issue, reservations made through concur (flights, hotel) are showing as pending but I can see the charges posted to the credit card but they are not hitting concur. how do we resolve, this is our first month using concur so I know the charges are not on old reports. Several of our transacations that are over a week old are not being fed into  concur and I dont see them under the unassigned list either. thoughts/suggestions

@ckarasinski my two suggestions:

1. Work with the bank to see if they can tell you if any of the files they provided to SAP Concur contained the transactions. 

2. Submit a help ticket to SAP Concur.

SAP Concur uploads a file that is provided by the bank, so I usually recommend calling the bank first. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Kris01

Hello Kevin , 

I have a problem with outstanding invoice report. I made the hotel reimbursement on March 21. (I paid the hotel on March 14)

There was only this item in concure for hotel : 

Kris01_0-1684920207936.png

everything seemed all right the expense was paid .

Now after more than t months I got a message that there is an outstanding invoice in Concur - the same hotel .

Now I can see this :

Kris01_1-1684920352143.png

But I can not do the reimbursement because there is some problem the question mark :

Kris01_2-1684920465073.png

I used corporate card.

thank you for you advice !

DeanR
Frequent Member - Level 1

If the actual corporate card transactions have already been processed on an earlier report then you can safely delete these items.

Kris01

Thank you

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kris01 I went to look at your expense claim, but I didn't see any active claim. In fact, I looked to see if you had submitted reports and I didn't see any. Is this claim for someone else?

Anyway, as @DeanR mentioned, if the card transactions were submitted, delete, delete delete. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey