cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hap
Occasional Member - Level 2

Pending Card Transaction Issue

I have a similar issue to several others I've seen here. 

I booked travel with Concur, and used my corporate MC credit card to pay for lodging there. 

The lodging expense showed up here online, however under payment type it shows 'Pending Card Transaction', and an Alert with the text: 'This expense cannot be submitted until it is matched to an imported card transaction. If this was not paid for via card, you may edit the payment type of the expense to reflect the actual payment method'. 

How do I resolve this?  And what can be done to prevent this issue from happening again?

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Hap when did you pay for the hotel? It might just be the corporate card transaction hasn't come into your account yet. The hotel itinerary item or the e-receipt will show up before the actual card charge, that's why the item you see says Pending Card Transaction. The system is waiting for the actual company card charge to come in. When it does, it should match up to the Pending Card Transaction item. When they match, the Pending will go away and be replaced with the company card payment type. I think if you wait another day or two, this will resolve. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Hap did you happen to read through this thread: https://community.concur.com/t5/Concur-Expense/Pending-Card-Transactions-Issue/td-p/22264

It might help you.

As for avoiding the Pending Card Transaction, unfortunately you cannot. This is something your company configured and decided to use. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Hap

Kevin, yes I did read through that thread, but it didn't help.  As I mentioned The scenario where booking was done through Concur but payment was done with a non-corporate card doesn't apply.  I used my corporate card.

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Hap when did you pay for the hotel? It might just be the corporate card transaction hasn't come into your account yet. The hotel itinerary item or the e-receipt will show up before the actual card charge, that's why the item you see says Pending Card Transaction. The system is waiting for the actual company card charge to come in. When it does, it should match up to the Pending Card Transaction item. When they match, the Pending will go away and be replaced with the company card payment type. I think if you wait another day or two, this will resolve. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Hap

Thanks, Kevin.  Yes, I saw the card charge just came in this morning, and I was able to complete the expense report.  I guess I didn't expect the Lodging line item expense to show up with details about where I stayed, etc.., but without connection to the card charge.  However you were correct that the card charge/link followed after a few days.  

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Hap I've been at SAP Concur for 13 years, so this wasn't, as they say, my first rodeo. 🙂 when it comes to Pending Transactions. The Pending item comes from the Hotel you booked in SAP Concur, so it knows the hotel, the dates, the rate, etc. and shows that information. 

Glad you were able to get it sorted out. Happy that I could help you out. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
otariq
New Member - Level 2

My charges have been in queue for more than three Months.  How can I rectify this?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@otariq what do you mean your charges have been in queue for more than three months? They have been awaiting approval for three months or do you mean something else?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
otariq
New Member - Level 2

The charges have  been pending card transaction since 5/25/22

otariq
New Member - Level 2

Hello

otariq
New Member - Level 2

See the example below.  This expense was 4/13/22.  Bought Internet on Airline Travel.  I have a few more

otariq_0-1660316993243.png

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@otariq go back and look at your KCB Bank Deployment expense report. You'll see a $10 charge for 4/13/2022. Look at your past reports for to see if the other pending items you see were already submitted. 

This article will help you understand more about Pending Card Transaction items: Everything you need to know about Pending Card Transactions

It will also tell you what to do with these items since they have already been submitted as corporate card transactions.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
otariq
New Member - Level 2

Hello Kevin,

Is there any way we could speak?  This is not the only charge.  Even the hotel charges are still pending.  

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@otariq have you gone back and looked at your past reports to see if the company card transactions have already been submitted? I looked at a past report and found the Airline Internet charge. 

You need to look and see if the items showing as Pending have been submitted previously, like the Airline Internet fee I mentioned. If you see an already submitted entry on a previous report, then you can just delete the pending items. Pending items are not the most important items in your Available Expenses, your company card charges are what needs to be submitted. 

Please look at your past reports. I am very confident you will see entries already submitted that match these pending items. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
otariq
New Member - Level 2

KevinD,

These have never posted.  they are not a part of another expense report.  HOw do we move forward?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@otariq are these pending items all on the same report? If so, could you post a screenshot of your expense report will all these items visible. I just need one screenshot of the entire report. That way I can see all the items on one screenshot. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
otariq
New Member - Level 2

There are many like this

otariq_0-1660576971000.png

otariq_1-1660576999453.png

otariq_2-1660577036921.png

sonufrey
Occasional Member - Level 1

@KevinD I made a reservation at the Ibis Hotel in Zurich which is owned by Accor.  When I checked in to the hotel they used my corporate card to hold the room  under the Accor hotel name.  When i checked out 2 days later I was charged under the Ibis hotel name.  The pending charge of $0 remains on my account under the Accor hotel name.  Is there any way to get rid of the Pending Charge of $0 in my expense report under Accor hotels?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sonufrey yes, just delete it. Pending items can be deleted. Once deleted it will be in your Available Expenses list. Delete it from there as well.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
keciawells

Question:  Do all pending card transactions turn into an actual charge and go away?  I have seen some pending card transactions that didnt go away so do those just need to be deleted?  Also curious if an employee deletes a pending card transaction will the actual charge still come through?

DeanR
Frequent Member - Level 1

Pending Card Transaction items do not "turn into an actual charge".  What happens is that the actual charge (card transaction) comes into Concur through the bank feed and is matched to a Pending Card Transaction item.  Not all Pending Card Transaction items will necessarily have a card transaction to be matched to (e.g. duplicates) so will sit there until deleted.

Deleting a Pending Card Transaction item has no impact on whether charges come through; the card transaction feed is an automated process.