cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
howardrw
Occasional Member - Level 1

Not Receiving Approval Request Emails

Hi,

I'm not receiving emails to notify me when an expense has been added to my queue for approval.   I have to login to Concur, and then I see them there.  Options in my profile are set to require such a notification whenever something is added to my queue for approval.   Any suggestions?

1 Solution
Solution
steveshank
Occasional Member - Level 2

We had this exact issue and found that we (the customer) did not have access to AWS to make this change. The AWS suppression list affecting email notifications such as approval notifications, status changes, etc. is something that had to be corrected by Concur support. Concur initially sent me the same instructions posted above, but the problem could only be addressed by Concur since we do not have access to AWS used by Concur. A support case resolved the issue for our users. It's still unclear how some of our users were placed on the suppression list, but at least there's a path to correct it. Hope that helps anyone else that encounters this issue.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@howardrw someone else recently had this issue and here is what I received from a colleague:

Amazon SES did not send the message to this address because it is on the suppression list for your account. For more information about removing addresses from the suppression list, see the Amazon SES Developer Guide at
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/ses/latest/DeveloperGuide/sending-email-suppression-list.html

If the guide doesn't help, a case will need to be created and escalated to R&D to have them removed from the AWS email suppression list

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Solution
steveshank
Occasional Member - Level 2

We had this exact issue and found that we (the customer) did not have access to AWS to make this change. The AWS suppression list affecting email notifications such as approval notifications, status changes, etc. is something that had to be corrected by Concur support. Concur initially sent me the same instructions posted above, but the problem could only be addressed by Concur since we do not have access to AWS used by Concur. A support case resolved the issue for our users. It's still unclear how some of our users were placed on the suppression list, but at least there's a path to correct it. Hope that helps anyone else that encounters this issue.

howardrw
Occasional Member - Level 1

Super - thanks much, Steve.   Appreciate you taking the time to respond.

--- Randy