cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tas
Occasional Member - Level 2

Next Gen UI Experience - Icons

Why were the recognisable icons (amber, blue and red) from the previous UI Experience dropped for the new Next Gen UI Experience ? I would like the old recognisable icons to remain

2 Solutions
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Tas Hello there. I know the icons can be helpful to some people, but the decision to remove them was based on 

user testing, which demonstrated that much of our iconography did not have significant meaning to our users. By removing the icons, cleaner space was created that allowed for clearer text and direction to guide the user through exactly what needs to be done to complete their expense report.

So, we didn't just remove them without first asking our customers and end-users how they felt about them and a majority found that the icons did not really have any significant value add.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

Solution
Airfern1953
Occasional Member - Level 3

I disagree the icons especially the credit card icon were very useful. The ability to hover over the icon and see the data rather than having to click on the info in the new UI was a real time saver. If you could hover over the expense rather than having to open it to view it that would take care of the problem

PEGGY BURKE

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Tas Hello there. I know the icons can be helpful to some people, but the decision to remove them was based on 

user testing, which demonstrated that much of our iconography did not have significant meaning to our users. By removing the icons, cleaner space was created that allowed for clearer text and direction to guide the user through exactly what needs to be done to complete their expense report.

So, we didn't just remove them without first asking our customers and end-users how they felt about them and a majority found that the icons did not really have any significant value add.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Solution
Airfern1953

I disagree the icons especially the credit card icon were very useful. The ability to hover over the icon and see the data rather than having to click on the info in the new UI was a real time saver. If you could hover over the expense rather than having to open it to view it that would take care of the problem

PEGGY BURKE
Farra
Occasional Member - Level 1

I strongly disagree as well. Our users heavily relied on the icons. Additionally, we have found several instances were travel memos were indistinguishable from credit card data, meaning it would likely get erroneously submitted. Please at least give your clients the option to keep the icons.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Farra I need to qualify my response. That was the internal business reason. Me personally, I like the icons and wish they would have stayed. Unfortunately this decision was way above my pay grade. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Airfern1953

Perhaps giving users a choice to use icons or not would work?

PEGGY BURKE
Tas

Yes indeed !

@Airfern1953 I'm not going to lie...I like the idea. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Airfern1953

I just went into the profile of one of our users, a few days ago she had a combination of 100 agent fees and airline fees. Since I no longer see the credit card icon to hover over the expense I had to open each charge to try to match to the airline fee. I finally resorted to printing the view and physically writing in the names on paper and then going back into match up. Not very efficient.  I understand the icons may have been a problem for those with impairments however this new version without the icon to hover over is going to seriously impact productivity. I do hope you will consider adding the credit card icon back in. You can still keep your source field but I urge you to take into account the additional work you are adding to your non visually impaired folks.  

PEGGY BURKE

@Airfern1953 the system should show the payment type for these items. Was that not showing?

Also, product enhancements and suggestions aren't submitted here. We have a system in place for that. I believe when you are on the SAP Concur home screen you can click Help. Select Contact Support. You should see an option for our Continuous Influence option.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Airfern1953

Thank you I will list my suggestions on the appropriate page

PEGGY BURKE
Airfern1953

Sorry I have one more icon question. It appears that there is an allocation icon in the new ui however it only shows partially allocated with the icon not fully filling out when the expense is fully allocated. I think users will be confused they are used to seeing it fully filled in when the allocation is at 100% and will waste their time by going back to see if they missed allocating something. So, what good is that icon if it doesn't work properly?

Thank You

PEGGY BURKE
Jannelle1924

I think the option to have the icons is a must.  I use them to get information needed to create my own reports, and without them I'm having to continually go into each expense to determine who it was for.  Very disappointing to have them gone.

@Jannelle1924 Hello there. I'm slightly confused, so maybe I misunderstood your comment. If the icons are used for you to create your own reports, why do you need to determine who it was for? Aren't these your expenses? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Jannelle1924

Kevin,

When I use my card to direct bill for others I would hoover over the icons to tell who the entry was for, and code as needed.  I'd like to see them add the option of having them for those of us who use this function frequently.

Jannelle

@Jannelle1924 I like to be honest and transparent. The icons, as far as I know, will not be coming back. If it were my decision, I would have kept them. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Jannelle1924

Very disappointing.  No option of having them make it optional for those who want it?

@Jannelle1924 unfortunately no. You could submit this suggestion through our Customer Engagement Initiative. You can read about it here: https://community.concur.com/t5/What-s-New-in-Product/New-CEI-Program/ba-p/27025

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey