cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
T-Raka
Occasional Member - Level 1

Missing Receipt option is not available

Hi all, 

In my SAP Concur account there's no option to select/enter a Missing Receipt Declaration under the menu Manage Receipts (the expense is selected). Instead there's only the option Manage Attachments. The issue occurs on both Microsoft EDGE v99.0.1150.36 (64-bit) and Google Chrome v100.0.4896.75 (64-bit) browsers in Win10. I checked my user settings to see if this option must be enabled, but it's not the case. Even the Concur App on IOS has no option for adding a Missing Receipt Declaration. If the software can show a message for adding an affidavit, why is it not programmed to show the option/link in that alert message? Please help me to enter an affidavit for a missing receipt. 

Thank you and cheers,

T-Raka

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@T-Raka I have good news, bad news and worse news. 

Good news: You aren't doing anything wrong and it is not a browser issue. 

Bad news: Your company set up this rule that flags any line item where a receipt is required with this red exception to remind you to attach a missing receipt declaration when you don't have a receipt. Therefore making you think you can use the Missing Receipt Declaration option.

Worse news: Your company did not turn on the Missing Receipt Declaration option. 

So, if you do not have a receipt for the expense you might just need to write up your own declaration as to why you don't have a receipt, save it as a pdf or go to your bank statement and screenshot the charge and attach that as your receipt.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@T-Raka I have good news, bad news and worse news. 

Good news: You aren't doing anything wrong and it is not a browser issue. 

Bad news: Your company set up this rule that flags any line item where a receipt is required with this red exception to remind you to attach a missing receipt declaration when you don't have a receipt. Therefore making you think you can use the Missing Receipt Declaration option.

Worse news: Your company did not turn on the Missing Receipt Declaration option. 

So, if you do not have a receipt for the expense you might just need to write up your own declaration as to why you don't have a receipt, save it as a pdf or go to your bank statement and screenshot the charge and attach that as your receipt.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
T-Raka

Hi KevinD, 

Thanks a lot for the quick response. This's actually the first time that the worse news simultaneously gave the best answer 😄 

For the sake of off-loading my credit card, I completed the expenses claim by attaching a 2-liner missing receipt declaration as a receipt. As far as I'm concerned, this'll be my standard practise even for the future.

Have a good weekend!

Cheers,

T-Raka

lyndall
Occasional Member - Level 3

Is there a way to turn on the Missing Receipt Declaration option as administrator? If so, how can that be done? What is the turnaround time for that to be in effect? Thank you!

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@lyndall  Your site already has this feature turned on. The screenshot below is from your site. 

KevinD_0-1667504579667.png

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
lyndall

KevinD,

Thank you for verifying. I will work with my team to see what they see on their end.

Have a great day.

lyndall

A user on my team appears to have the Create Receipt Declaration but the Accept & Create button is grayed out and cannot be clicked. How can I solve this for him? 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@lyndall can you have this person send you a screenshot of this please? I need to see what they are seeing.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
lyndall

lyndall_0-1668761016836.png

Thank you for your assistance. This is what they see.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@lyndall in the message it says to select the expense below that requires a receipt. There isn't anything listed, that is why the Accept & Create button is not there. The system isn't recognizing that there is an expense that requires a receipt.

If an expense doesn't require a receipt, the Declaration will not be available for that entry. Can you get a screenshot of the user's expense report that shows all the entries and tell me which entry they are trying to create the MRD for, please?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
lyndall

Kevin,
Thank you for the explanation. That solved it for me. We were creating a test report and the expense was $10, but in our rules we don't require expenses under $25 to have a receipt. When we increased the test expense to $100 the option became available and the expense appeared.
I appreciate your assistance and quick responses!

lyndall_0-1668787880471.png

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@lyndall Great. I love when the solution ends up being an easy fix. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
marithompson1

Hi Kevin

We have a missing receipt declaration activated, so I can process a claim without a receipt and just click on "missing receipt declaration" under "receipts".  However, some of my colleagues do not seem to have this option.  I've checked on the setting but I cannot find anything to suggest that only selected people can submit the claims without receipts. Can you help me, please?

@marithompson1 a couple of questions for you:

1. Are these colleagues acting on behalf of themselves or someone else?

2. Are these colleagues located in other countries? 

The reason I asked these two questions is because when acting for someone else, the Missing Receipt Declaration will not be available. Also, people in different countries likely belong to a different Employee/Expense Group in the system and the Concur Group policy applied to their groups might not have the option turned on. 

If you send me a private message with the full name of one of these employees, I can take a look to see what the issue might be or if they don't see the option by design.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
ckarasinski
Occasional Member - Level 2

we are having the same problem where some users do not have the missing receipt declaration. the employees are in the same location as the others and are not acting on behalf of someone else. is there a way to fix this?

jillhaynes
New Member - Level 1

We are having same issue. 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jillhaynes and @ckarasinski I just learned yesterday that it is quite common for there to be a delay between the entry save and the system recognizing a receipt is required. Have the users try again. I tested this yesterday and my MRD was not available. I then refreshed my screen a couple minutes later and then it was working correctly. 

Let me know if the users still have issues. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
ckarasinski
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the reply, we did try that and no luck.

As mentioned, I checked the profile settings and they look correct 

Any other suggestions?

Thank you!

@ckarasinski could you send me a private message with the name of one employee experiencing the issue and the expense entry they are trying to attach the MRD to, please? 

Click my username (KevinD), then click the Message button. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
plehpas

Hi, I started a claim and created a report.
I have added the expense and attached corresponding receipt.

But, still I get the Alert -"These expense type will not be added to the expense report because of missing receipt."

Thanks!

plehpas

Hi, I started a claim and created a report.
I have added the expense and attached corresponding receipt.

But, still I get the Alert -"These expense type will not be added to the expense report because of missing receipt."

Thanks!