cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Knsuren3193
Occasional Member - Level 1

Manager Validation in Audit Rule

Hello, 

I have a business reuqirement to restrict a approval based on his/her reporting manager, whereas I dont find any relavent attributes to meetup this requirement.

Kindly pour your idea to tackle this requirement.

Thx!

Suren.

5 REPLIES 5
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Knsuren3193 I'm not sure what you are asking. What exactly are you trying to accomplish? You assign each user a "manager" on their profile and you also assign each user an Expense Approver. So, all you need to do is make sure all managers are given the Expense Approver permission on their profiles. It is a little checkbox at the top of the user profile screen seen by administrators. Then once you've done that, you can assign those managers as the default expense approver as needed. 

Maybe I'm not understanding your requirement, so if not, please provide more information so I can better assist you.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Knsuren3193

Hello Kevin, 

We have a request from business to generate an Exception if Employee's Approver/ Line Manager is Equal to a Specific Approver.

For Ex:

Employee profile AAA is created and the Line Manager for AAA is XXX. 

I'll have to generate an Exception via Audit rule when Employee's Approver is XXX.  

Whereas I don't see any Data objects which can be used to evaluate my Expense Approver/Line Manager in Audit Rule.

Kindly help me with a Data object which might help me to evaluate the Line Manager.

Thanks!

Suren.

@Knsuren3193 I'm still confused as to why you are singling out one specific approver. Is the exception going to be a warning message (yellow exception) or a hard stop (red exception)? What is the purpose of generating this exception when Approver is XXX? 

I know I have a lot of questions, but in almost 13 years at SAP Concur I have not seen anyone request this type of audit rule, so knowing the "why" will help me help you. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Knsuren3193

Hello @KevinD ,

We have groups created based on Grade of associate in our organization.

In a Specific Group, we have a requirement to generate the Hard Stop 99 exception if the Employee's Manager is not equal to XXX(Only one Approver).

Kindly let me know if this option is feasible with the data objects available in our Audit Rule.

Thanks,

Suren!  

@Knsuren3193 So, what if the Employee's Manager is not equal to XXX? Will you update the employee's profile and change their manager to XXX so they can submit reports or should these employees not be submitting reports at all? I'm just trying to follow why a report would be blocked if the manager wasn't a certain person. Employees cannot control their assigned Manager, so I'm unclear why the reports would be blocked. 

The system does have a Manager field on the employee profile that site admins see and then there is the option to assign a default approver. The Manager and default approver usually are the same person, but it doesn't have to be. Is that the case with your company? Some people may have a different person as the manager and default approver? 

I guess my ultimate question is why do employees get designated managers that would prevent them from submitting expense reports? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey