cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
evelynyim
Occasional Member - Level 3

List Management on Travel Class eligibility

Hi there,

1) I have a business class travel eligibility list, and i need to add an expiry date to the eligibility. How can I go about doing it?

2) Due to new biz needs, there is a need to create Premium Economy travel eligibility list. How can i go about doing it?

Condition would be complex as

a) if employee selects Premium Economy, Concur needs to i) check the business class eligibility list and if the employee is not listed there then Concur needs to ii) check the Premium Economy eligibility list. If employee is not listed in either list and selected Premium Economy travel, then the travel request will route for exceptional approval, A validation is required where employees in Premium Economy eligibility list should not be able to book Business Class travel.

Any ideas is much appreciated

Many thanks,

Evelyn

5 REPLIES 5
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@evelynyim for the Business Class eligibility list, you have this saved in SAP Concur under List Management. Is that correct? And for the Premium Economy you want that list to be created in List Management?

Most likely for the conditions you mentioned, you would need to create Validation Audit Rules.

I'm confused  on why you say "if employee selects Premium Economy, concur needs to check the Business Class eligibility". Why check Business Class eligibility when Premium Economy was selected? That is confusing to me.

Also, when you say, "if employee chooses Premium Economy..." where are they choosing this? During the time of booking their trip?

I'm going to need some clarification to be able to better provide any guidance.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
evelynyim

Hi Kevin,

Appreciate your guidance. Yes I need the Premium economy list to be created in List Management. 

1) If the traveller is in biz class list, he should be able to select business class and / or premium economy class (some flight segment do not have business class but offer premium economy instead). 

2) If the traveller is in premium economy list, he should only be able to select premium economy and / or economy.

In short, the travellers in these list should be able to select the travel class that they are eligible in and travel class lower than their eligibility.

3) The rules to check is configured in the Request stage. Where the proposed air segments are captured in Request and then once approved, the air segment will be sent to TMC for reservation of tickets. Traveller will indicate the date, time and class of travel in request. And if they select a higher class of travel that they are not eligible, then the request will be triggered for exceptional approval.

Also > is it possible to have a expiry date for the traveller in the travel eligibility list? And once the expiry date has lapsed, the tool will remove the traveller in the travel eligibility list.

Many thanks,
Evelyn

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@evelynyim thank you for clarifying. Let me start first by answering the last question. No, an expiration date cannot be applied to items in a list. The list would need to be modified by removing those who are no longer eligible for that class of service.

How often would the list need to be updated with new eligible people and no longer eligible people?

You could create audit rules, but it would require adding all the employee IDs of those eligible (or not eligible if this number is smaller) for the specified class. Let me ask my audit rule guru about validation rules, as this could be an option.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@evelynyim also, if you could clarify...are employees creating the travel request and once it is approved they then book their own travel? So, if they get approved for business class, then they will select it that class during the booking? Or once the Request is approved, does it go to the Travel Agency to get the booking done?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
evelynyim

HI Kevin,

We have the expiry dates of travel class eligibility in our excel list based on the staff contract renewal. Was hoping for the tool to be able to cutdown on the manual work to keep track and remove manually when the dates expired. 

I considered the option for using audit rule instead of a list, there appear to be almost 30odd folks and I am not sure if the conditions in the audit rule are able to cater to the size. Also with due consideration to the speed of saving/submitting the claims for the audit rules had to check the audit rules for each employee.

The travellers creates the travel request and once Request is approved, then it goes to the Travel Agency to get the bookings done with the approved class of travel. 

Many thanks,

Evelyn