cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeterGonzalez
Occasional Member - Level 1

Itemized Hotel Bill - Semantics?

Is attaching an itemized hotel bill the same as uploading a photo image of the hotel bill?

I keep receiving error messages indicating that I need to attach an itemized hotel bill even though I uploaded a photo image of the hotel bill.

Could there be a tech glitch as to whether Concur detects a bill due to it being a PDF or JPG format etc,?

I am unable to submit my expense report due to this hotel bill mystery.

Peter

Thanks!!

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@PeterGonzalez is it asking you to attach an itemized bill or is it asking you to Itemize the expense entry. There is a difference. My guess is you need to itemize the entry and that is why you are getting the error. The system doesn't read the image that is attached to an entry, so it doesn't know if the image shows the itemized bill or not. 

My guess is the system is telling you to actually itemize your hotel expense. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
PeterGonzalez
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi Kevin,

Still working on it. The offshore help team was stumped and are working on it. What I believed may have happened is this:

The Visa Credit card statement has the correct dollar amount but for only one night. The offshore help team did confirm that Concur can read the data on a credit card statement. The error comes from the request to itemize the expenses. I itemized for 4 nights which contradicts the Visa charge of 1 night.

If I had submitted for 1 night for the total amount it probably would have gone through but then registered red flags for a very large amount for only one hotel night stay. A catch 22.

Thanks!

I will keep you posted

Peter

What I believed has happened is that the Visa Credit Card expense from the hotel indicates the correct amount but only one

@PeterGonzalez yes, please keep me posted. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.