cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nmorris
Occasional Member - Level 3

Is there an audit rule that will show the expense approver that the employee has terminated?

We seem to be having an issue of reports getting to our expense processor step after they have left the company. I am trying to create an audit rule that will show the expense processor when an employee has terminated so that the report is not sent back if the employee is inactive. I have set up an audit rule to looked at the event "Post Report Submit", and the employee "Active" equals No. The Audit Rule Setup Guide says that the rule is triggered when the report enters the first step of the workflow process. Would it trigger at any other point in the workflow also? For instance, an employee submits a report on their last day, it goes to their manager who doesn't review it until the next day, then their termination date is entered into Concur making them inactive after the report is in the workflow.

3 REPLIES 3
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@nmorris Hello!  Unfortunately there is not a way to get a rule to trigger further into the workflow process, so if a user is made inactive after that first step, it will not trigger.  You can use that rule, as it might catch some of those situations, but it will not catch all.  Do you have this situation come up a lot?

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
nmorris
Occasional Member - Level 3

@MelanieT Hi!  The issue seems to come and go, not sure if we are just in a turnover phase right now. We were just hoping to put something in place so that we don't have processors sending back reports to termed employees. Do you have any other ideas on how this could show up in processing since the audit rule won't catch anything past the first workflow step?

Thanks,

Nicole Morris

MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@nmorris Only thing I can think of is possibly creating a Cognos report that the Processors can run that would show deactivated users.  Let's see if anyone else can share how they handle these situations. 

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.