cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaluckb
Routine Member - Level 1

Invalid or No Receipts - Reporting

What are best practices for documenting expense items without a proper receipt?  We require receipts for all expenses and have this turned on at the line item level.  However, expense users can circumvent this by attaching any image as a receipt. Understanding the approver has the ultimate responsibility to verify receipt authenticity, is there an option for the users to acknowledge that the image they are attaching is not an "official" receipt for better visibility from a reporting perspective? 

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kaluckb many of our customers use this option and it would probably be considered the best practice for missing receipts. I would recommend using it.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kaluckb I'm just going to throw this out there...if the user would circumvent the receipt requirement by attaching any image, what would make them honestly attest that the receipt is not official? 

If you were to go that route, you could create a custom field labeled "Is Receipt Official" or something similar. The user could then select Yes or No from this field. That is how you can report on it. It must be a field on the expense report.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Kaluckb
Routine Member - Level 1

Thanks @KevinD - I appreciate the question and realize any solution is not fail safe if someone is trying to be deliberately deceptive and the approver approves an expense without verifying the authenticity of the receipt attached. 

Curious if you or anyone has experience in using the Missing Receipt Affidavit/Declaration option available in Concur?  I stumbled across this yesterday and think it may offer an alternative for charges without a receipt while providing tracking & transparency through regular reporting. 

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kaluckb many of our customers use this option and it would probably be considered the best practice for missing receipts. I would recommend using it.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
fryansisk
Occasional Member - Level 2

Do we have any report for Receipts and No receipts on Cognos?