cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RichardG
Routine Member - Level 3

Initial thoughts on the new Expense UI.

I'm interested in users thoughts on the new UI Expense release - the pros and cons - no holds barred.

Kind regards
Richard Grigg
Assistant Director, Business Services
Australian Bureau of Statistics
91 REPLIES 91
jsportsman
Occasional Member - Level 3

I have been reviewing for the last two days. I really like it. It will take some time to getting used to but I think our users will like it! 

Jason C. Sportsman, GTP
SandraA
Routine Member - Level 2

Unfortunately I'm not a fan.  The 2 things I like are:   Having the corporate card designation in Text (vs icon) and the Hotel itemization.

Things I don't like - text is huge (why?) so we can no longer scan a report and get all the essential details.   We need to see business purpose and that could take 10 mins vs one quick glance.   There is no designation for Personal on the front page of report.   (Other than $0.)

When you open the detail all the text is too light.  Almost unreadable if Personal box is checked.

You can no longer go into report header by clicking on the Report Name.   Another change that will make working with reports slower rather than faster.  (Am I missing something?   Is there a way to do this?)

View All reports no longer exists.  This is something we must have.  

And I can't get out of the darn thing!  Preview and Revert do not work 95% of the time.   Will be opening a ticket on that and some other bugs. 

Sandra Ahola
T-Mobile
Senior Analyst Travel, Card & Expense
US
https://www.linkedin.com/in/sandra-ahola-4704553/
RichardG
Routine Member - Level 3

Thanks @SandraA for your feedback - I will definitely look into the issues you have raised - this is exactly the feedback we need prior to launching on a global scale.
@MeggieC - could you please direct Sandra's concerns to the right area?

Kind regards
Richard Grigg
KellyR
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RichardG wrote:
Thanks @SandraA for your feedback - I will definitely look into the issues you have raised - this is exactly the feedback we need prior to launching on a global scale.
@MeggieC - could you please direct Sandra's concerns to the right area?

Kind regards

Hi @SandraA-- we will pass on your feedback but you can also always go here as well: https://www.concur.com/en-us/customer-experience/contact.

Kelly Rigotti
Sr. Director, Digital Marketing
SAP Concur
RichardG
Routine Member - Level 3

Thanks @KellyR!
Richard Grigg
AmberLee
Routine Member - Level 3

teach a man to fish... love it.

ค๓๒єг ɭєє - ᴄᴏɴᴄᴜʀ ᴄᴏɴɴᴏɪssᴇᴜʀ
(っ◔◡◔)っ  ☆ Fort Worth, Texas ☆
SS
Occasional Member - Level 1

@KellyR sorry but I have to jump in here. Asking a customer to go to ANOTHER place to report/give feedback after she was directed to you specifically is frustrating. @SandraA is your customer and making her work harder to help you (Concur) improve your product (btw I agree with everything she reports..especially the new large Font.) is contrary to what a customer facing organization should expect.

SandraA
Routine Member - Level 2

We have already reported all our issues last year as Beta test users.

It's interesting having gone through that experience and hearing a lot of consensus on what did not work in that group.  And then hearing all the same things in this group.

Keep it up!  Hopefully it will encourage Concur to address these issues sooner rather than later.

Sandra Ahola
T-Mobile
US
KellyR
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your comment, @SS. The SAP Concur Community is one place where our users and customers can come for information and conversation, but we have a number of other places where people can also submit feedback. Sometimes we share links to those other places as additional resources.

We (the SAP Concur Community team) read all the messages posted here and pass on feedback to other teams directly and as appropriate; many of those other teams also read and post here in Community too.

We always appreciate feedback; don't hesitate to tag me if you have additional things to share!

Kelly Rigotti
Sr. Director, Digital Marketing
SAP Concur
jsportsman
Occasional Member - Level 3

My understanding that new releases will be deployed in the next year that should correct all these issues. 

Thanks,

Jason

Jason C. Sportsman, GTP
SandraA
Routine Member - Level 2

Hello Jason,

Which issues have you heard are being corrected?

I wasn't aware that Concur thought there were any issues with the UI.

Sandra Ahola
T-Mobile
US
AmberLee
Routine Member - Level 3

I heard this as well. The new UI is still being updated and improved every day which gives Concur time to hear the feedback from people like us and fix issues before rolling it out to everyone.

Jody
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Well...technically new functionality is being deployed approximately every two weeks, @AmberLee...) Anything visible to you all or an end user will be in the monthly release notes.

And, yes, THANK YOU (he shouted) for helping us improve  everything for current and future administrators everywhere!

Thank you,
Jody Wilkins
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select Accept as Solution so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
PamSciarra
Routine Member - Level 1

I knew the icons were going away (not thrilled with that.)  But I didn't realize we were losing all the extended report header info when we click on the report name.  I use that ALL THE TIME!  And so do the AP Processors.

I also don't like that the attendee entry is on a separate page (rather than at the bottom of the entry screen.)

I do like the receipt next to the entry screen and easier hotel itemization. 

KevinPapa

Hi Sandra, check under the report name in the Report Details menu, you'll see the report header here

image.png

SandraA
Routine Member - Level 2

Yes I see we can still get to the report header.  It's just that it's an extra step now.   Why make something more difficult as opposed to more automated?

That's my overall take on this UI.  It makes everything we do more difficult.   

Sandra Ahola
T-Mobile
US
KevinPapa

Also, I have to log out and log back in after I choose to either revert, or switch back to new UI before I see the change take effect

I have to agree with Sandra and add what may be good for the end user is going to be more difficult for the administrator or auditor to deal with.

The text is so large and there should be a solution to reduce the size so work on a laptop won't be so difficult.  It is just too large. Auditing a report requires many more screens to be opened to review.  And I looked for the View All Reports and didn't see it either.  We need this as well and there needs to be a solution to retrieve these reports.  There is history that auditors require. Otherwise, how do you get those reports back?

I also got stuck in the new UI and couldn't get back as the revert button didn't work.  After I put in a ticket and clicked on everything around the screen, the revert button was there and I was able to go back.

Another pain point, after reading other comments below, the multi page report with 25 lines max and not being very prominent will probably have mgrs missing items to review before approving.

I hope Concur is using the points brought up here to make changes. I will not be changing over our system until we have to or until I see that some of these have been addressed.

Nancy Murray
Agfa
Jody
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Thank you for all of the helpful observations you make, @Nancyagfa. We enjoy having you along on the pilot journey!

I'd like to let you, @malgeni@Josh@RichardG@AmberLee, and anyone else following along that allowing for more than 25 items on a single page will happen.

The technical ability to allow more than 25 to load at a single time has a few dependencies that are being worked out.

Spoiler
As I am going to the primary point person (or, "Triple P") for NextGen UI-related comments, I'm going to begin a new Discussion thread within the next two (2) business days. This one has gotten a bit lengthy and I'd like to start tackling some of the comments more thoroughly.

Thank you,
Jody Wilkins
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select Accept as Solution so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
AmberLee
Routine Member - Level 3

How did I miss this? We can hide spoilers??! Sweet!