cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GreatSnoring
Occasional Member - Level 2

How to remove a personal car and add a company car

Wondered if anybody could help what looks like a straight forward issue. I was running a personal car and now have a company car. Went into profile and registered the company car. went in to personal car and the "Remove" button is greyed out. I have ticked the company car as my "preferred" car but while my old personal car is still present the expenses form which I need for mileage reimbursement defaults to my previous Personal car.  I think if the greyed out "Remove" button was accessible this should be easy to sort. Am I missing something obvious?

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@GreatSnoring you aren't really missing anything. For some reason, the first registered personal car cannot be removed. I am not sure why, so I should probably ask around to see why this cannot be removed. 

When you are doing your expense report, there is an expense type named: Company Car.  That is what you will use for your mileage reimbursement expense. It will default to your registered company car. 

The only way the personal car would come into play, is if you selected the Personal Car Mileage expense type, which you shouldn't be using now that you have a company car. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
GreatSnoring
Occasional Member - Level 2

Thank you @KevinD for your help. Actually turned out to be something related to the setup used for my particular company so your answer is relevant for others but not so much for me. For some reason in our company all cars need to be set up under personal car (not company car as one would assume) then there is a drop down box with a cc (for company car) tab which you pick up. Then you mark this as your preferred car and the old one stays (as you say) but is not active. Not sure why it is set up this way but it is for us! I had wrongly assumed that because I had switched from a personal car to a company car, I would go into the company car setting! 

@GreatSnoring thank you for providing these details. It probably will help someone else in the future.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.