cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
panes-rubrics
Routine Member - Level 1

How to recover receipt faded print from contact with Scotch Tape on thermal paper?

I need help on recovering thermal paper print "melted" by Scotch Tape of which adhesive "corroded" printed characters.

The amount area is above watermark (Company Name) with following characteristics:

1. TextBox with Light Blue Fill color
  2. Business Logo White Characters
  3. Amount is Black color

Suggestions from websites are:

1. color manipulation
  2. photocopier to bring out faded area.
  3. heat back of receipt

I made some progress but still missing the amount.

Would anyone be able to add to what I tried as follows:

1. iPhone Photo App 
  2. iPhone App TapScan
  3. Photocopier to de-emphasize (a) TextBox Fill Color (b) White Color of Business Logo

I would appreciate any suggestion.

Screenshot of receipt; where Amount is located

• under the APPROVED line
  • has Watermark BUSINESS in white color with Grey-Blue

23-07-13 er faded amount Watermark color code .jpg23-07-13 er App TapScan recovers some.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@panes-rubrics I take it this is for an expense you are trying to submit, correct?

Have you tried contacting the vendor to see if they can provide a copy of the receipt? Seems like this would be much less effort than what you have described so far in your post. 🙂

If that isn't an option, I would be careful about doctoring up any kind of receipt as it might look suspicious. I looked in your site and I see that your company has enabled the Missing Receipt Declaration option for lost or damaged receipts. I would use the Missing Receipt Declaration and then in the Comment field, provide an explanation of what happened to your receipt.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
panes-rubrics
Routine Member - Level 1

Thermal Paper Receipts are very common in my location, and I have seen them taped to A4 paper before. In my two years,  I now encounter two receipts given to me faded (from contact with Scotch Tape). So, my thought is to try recovery before declaring them lost.  

1. Is it standard practice to declare missing for faded receipts?
  2. what amount to declare missing?
  3. Is recovery of damaged receipt considered illegitimate?
  4. If recovery of damaged receipt is legitimate, how to find service to recover partially faded thermal paper receipts?
  5. I have asked vendor for copy.

Kind Regards,

Sunny