cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
icngacsn
New Member - Level 1

How to manually import credit card expenses in "new" Concur UI

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and have been searching to get an answer to my question but most answers seem to be associated with linked or corporate credit cards. For years I have been importing (via QFX file) my personal card transactions as expenses  each time I did an expense report. In the new interface I cannot find out how to do that. Can someone tell me where this option has moved to?

Cheers

9 REPLIES 9
dlamont
Super User
Super User

Hi icngacsn, here's an excerpt from the Knowledge Base article regarding .qfx in Next Gen UI, no longer available - at least for now.  😕

dlamont_0-1674150666722.png

DLamont
icngacsn
New Member - Level 1

Thanks.

I MUST SAY I HATE SAP CONCUR WITH A PASSION

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@icngacsn does your company use ExpenseIt? If so, I find it to be a better alternative than importing from a file because it alleviates needing to attach a receipt after adding an expense to your report. ExpenseIt it does most of the work. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
ChristophB
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi @KevinD 

although this topic has aged some weeks, I may add a question to your post.

We do use ExpenseIt, and as far as I know you recommend the following:

Employees shall capture their invoices, rely on the OCR work and hopefully only add few invoice details. Then they shall mark the expense manually as "company paid". Is that what you are saying?

What remains unanswered to me is a proper way of reconciliation. A credit card upload has the charm that it expects a match of credit card positions to invoices. If I only upload invoices, I am not sure to have explained all credit card movements.

We have connected few credit cards, but are globally using some credit cards that seem not to have a plug&play connection to concur. How to upload their statements? I haven't four and answer to that question.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ChristophB I'm not saying that employees should mark the ExpenseIt items as Company Paid. Most companies use the payment type Company Paid to mean the company already paid for the expense and that the user will not be reimbursed. If you are importing company card charges for your employees and they are using ExpenseIt, the ExpenseIt items should come in as Pending Card Transaction items. When the company card charge comes in, it will match to the Pending ExpenseIt item. This only happens if the Pending Item is not already on an expense report. If it is, then the user must add the company card charge to the same report, then the items will match. 

The only way company card statements or transactions can come into SAP Concur is to set up a credit card feed with the issuer of the company card. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
ChristophB

I see, thanks @KevinD . Your last sentence is what I unfortunately assumed: only one channel to enter credit card movements. And if we have no feed with our bank, then we are left withou option?

Are there any Plugins or API functionalities that may serve?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ChristophB I'm not sure, but maybe @TChapman knows the answer.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
ChristophB

@TChapman any ideas on your side?

brianatixl
New Member - Level 1

I have hundreds of expenses that get brought in every month. What am I supposed to do when this breaks 3-5 times a year and misses about 25% of the expenses on my report?  In the past I have always downloaded a qfx file for the missing expenses and then imported it into Concur.

With the credit card feed being so brittle, another manual option should be available to users.