cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BakerDT
Occasional Member - Level 2

How to expense a Nil value expense

I recently had a business trip in London/UK

and was accommodated at a preferred Unisys Hotel, a charge appeared in concur that was not present on my amex card

the hotel explained it was an activity to authorise my room at the time

However i have this charge with the following statement underneath when i place my mouse on it

"This is a concur itinerary item so only the estimated amount appears. If this expense was charged to your company credit card, consider waiting until your card charges are imported and matched. If this expense was not charged to your card, import this item to your expense claim. the expense entry will be created with a zero amount, so change the amount as necessary."

My expense claim for the correct amount was submitted and settled, and no further charges for this hotel appeared on my Amex Card

however i still have this entry in concur as an active expense, i have tried to create a claim to add with zero values and comments stating it was a room authorisation only, but now it has errors that i cannot rectify (older than 60 days)

Any advice on how this can be resolved would be appreciated

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BakerDT delete the item from off the report. Once it is deleted from the report, click Expense at the top of the screen to go to the Manage Expenses screen. You should see the item sitting there. Use the checkbox to select the item, then click Delete. These items are itinerary items and unless your company blocks them from being deleted, which is unlikely, you can just delete it since the AMEX charge was already submitted. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BakerDT delete the item from off the report. Once it is deleted from the report, click Expense at the top of the screen to go to the Manage Expenses screen. You should see the item sitting there. Use the checkbox to select the item, then click Delete. These items are itinerary items and unless your company blocks them from being deleted, which is unlikely, you can just delete it since the AMEX charge was already submitted. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
BakerDT
Occasional Member - Level 2

Kevin,

Thank you so much for this, it was playing on my mind as it was just sat there and i continued to receive emails about that expense

who knew it was that easy 🙂

again thank you

Darren