cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gbpriorg
Occasional Member - Level 1

How to delete a receipt from an expense?

How do I remove a receipt from an expense please? I have followed all the help topics but I do not have a detach option anywhere.

1 Solution
Solution
DeanR
Frequent Member - Level 1

The expense first needs to be moved from a report into Available Expenses before you get the detach option.  It also depends on the Source for the expense e.g. if the Source is ExpenseIt then I think you only have the option to delete the Expense; you can't detach the receipt as it's intrinsically linked to the expense information.

Also, if expense items have been combined then you need to separate them first before detaching receipts. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Vijarchana
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi,

You can click on the receipt and click on the delete/detach option.

I hope that helps you

gbpriorg

Thanks for feedback, but I do not have a detach/delete option anywhere.

Solution
DeanR

The expense first needs to be moved from a report into Available Expenses before you get the detach option.  It also depends on the Source for the expense e.g. if the Source is ExpenseIt then I think you only have the option to delete the Expense; you can't detach the receipt as it's intrinsically linked to the expense information.

Also, if expense items have been combined then you need to separate them first before detaching receipts. 

jvita

This is HORRIBLE UX design, and completely unintuitive. I spent nearly an hour trying to figure this out. @KevinD 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jvita can you try to recreate what you did and provide some screenshots, please? Or please provide an explanation of the entry and the receipt. What was the source of the entry and the receipt? Was it a company card transaction? Was the receipt from ExpenseIt? Were two items matched by either you or the system? 

Also, please keep in mind that I'm just the Community moderator and not on the UX design team. 😀

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
jvita

Thanks Kevin! I'll try to recall my steps.

We have a credit card feed. I was using the mobile app to add receipts before the feed imported the charges. Subsequently, when the charges imported, they did not automatically match to what I had already uploaded. So I had to follow this process to try and move the receipt images to the line item imported via the CC feed.

Let me know if you need more details.

I know you're not on the UX team, but you're on the inside, so I was hoping you could help on that end as well! 😉

DeanR

@jvita 

I'm going to assume that your company uses ExpenseIt and therefore an expense is created when you capture the receipt through the mobile app.  If that expense doesn't automatically match to the card transaction then you shouldn't need to delete the receipt from the expense; you can just select both the expense and the card transaction and Combine them.

DeanR_0-1712272254846.png

jvita

Thanks @DeanR -- I'll try that next time!

DeanR

@gbpriorg 

Just to add that the behaviour/options for managing receipts in the new UI depends on a number of factors:

- the Source of the expense

- whether it is on a report or in Available Expenses

- whether multiple expense items have been combined into one e.g. Mobile entry combined with a credit card transaction

If you can add screenshots to your question (redacting any sensitive information) it will be much easier for other Community users to assist.

gbpriorg

Thank you Dean R, now sorted. I had to remove from the original expense then separate and delete the mobile expense, then re-add to the SAP expense and added a new receipt......Bit long winded but got there 👍