cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frederick_r
Occasional Member - Level 1

How to deal with expenses without Request

Hi. I'd like to know how you are dealing with a situation where the employee should have submit a travel request but did not, and for some reason was able to book the travel. Then comes the time where he wants to create his expense report. We are currently blocking travel expense when there is no Request attached. At this point, it is usless to ask the employee to make a request for a travel already done and paid. How would you suggest to deal with that?

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@frederick_r there is an option where you can configure the SAP Concur system to automatically create a Travel Request upon completion of a travel reservation. So, when the user completes the booking, the system takes them directly to a new travel request. This forces every trip to have an associated travel request. I know that doesn't help with the current situation, but it will alleviate this from happening again. 

As for the current employee, based on the rule you have set up that blocks submission, they are stuck. However, there is a work around. You can either tell the user that they have a small window of time where they can submit the report. Maybe give them a very short two minute window. During this time you deactivate the rule that blocks submission. Let the employee know this is a one-time thing. The other option if you don't want to turn off the rule, is to add a condition to the rule that excludes the one employee. Have the employee submit their report, then remove that condition from the rule. 

This is all I can think of to get the report pushed through. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
rahuldave
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi ,

In this case can we create a audit rule to prevent users to claim expenses without request or can we add an exceptional approval workflow ?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rahuldave yes, that is what @frederick_r did describe in their site. I cannot advise whether you should implement this rule or not, but it is an option. Likely you won't be able to adjust the workflow unless someone at your company has gained full site configuration access by completing our Advanced Configuration class. Also, personally, I wouldn't recommend adjusting the workflow when an Audit Rule could be used to prevent or drive certain user behavior. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.