cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BakerDT
Occasional Member - Level 2

How do you enter charge and refund transactions in concur

I was charged twice by a hotel, once upon arriving and then upon leaving

they have refunded me the amount, but i now have a charge and a refund for the same amount how di i action these in an expenase report

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BakerDT add them both to the same report. They will zero each other out. If you use Hotel as the expense type, you will be required to itemize. To simplify this, make it a one night stay and enter the total amount of the charge as the Room Rate. 

An alternative could be to use a an expense type of Miscellaneous or whatever your company has (possibly Other) so that itemizations will not be required.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BakerDT add them both to the same report. They will zero each other out. If you use Hotel as the expense type, you will be required to itemize. To simplify this, make it a one night stay and enter the total amount of the charge as the Room Rate. 

An alternative could be to use a an expense type of Miscellaneous or whatever your company has (possibly Other) so that itemizations will not be required.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
BakerDT
Occasional Member - Level 2

Kevin, thank you for the guidance, it was still very messy with error messages throughout the reporting process, but when I enter a negative amount on the returned fee itemizations, it did indeed cancel itself out, thanks again