cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karakitt
Occasional Member - Level 2

How do I turn off ExpenseIt for e-receipts or pdfs I forward from an email address?

ExpenseIt is more of a hassle than a help - I need to turn this feature OFF completely and I can't figure out how.  It seems to have turned itself on automatically for receipts I forward in from my emails.  In the past, these receipts would just go into my Available Receipts.  Now, they are being processed automatically by ExpenseIt however this is NOT helpful. 

Today it took the Courtyard logo image from a hotel folio email and turned into its own Meal receipt with an amount of $100!  It set the location of a rental car receipt as somewhere in New Jersey because that's the location of Budget headquarters.  I don't want to double-check computer-generated expenses.  I want to go back to the way things were, where I can manually enter my expenses and just make sure they're done correctly the first time.  This is now making my expense processing take twice as long trying to catch all these stupid mistakes. 

How can I disable this feature for receipts I forward in from my email??

EDIT: This has been solved as described by @claireswiss  and @dawkinsc !!!  On the web, navigate to Profile Settings > Expense Preferences and Un-tick the box for using ExpenseIt on forwarded receipts.  I just tested this with a forwarded flight receipt email and it worked!  The receipt is showing up in my Available Receipts, not as an autogenerated expense!!

68 REPLIES 68
dawkinsc
Occasional Member - Level 3

Yes, I found it as well in Profile Settings > Expense Preferences.  You can un-tick the box for using ExpenseIt on forwarded receipts, however I am not sure if it is still working the same way it was before.  I have yet to confirm.  Thank you!  

aknudsen

Hello @KevinD. Is there a way to turn off ExpenseIt outside of the mobile app? I have a user who wants to turn it off, but she does not have the mobile app, since our cyber security team only allows employees with company phones or phone reimbursement to access the app. Thanks!

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@aknudsen unfortunately there is not a way to turn it off on the web for individual users. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
DebbieW

We are getting a lot of complaints about this change for email receipts coming in as ExpenseIt. The executive admins are having a lot of issues with this and then the receipts will not match to the actual charge, or end up being submitted as cash when they are on a company card.

I am not a fan of ExpenseIt at all since we have so many people who complain about trying to match to the actual charge, or submitting as cash and not catching it until our duplicate audit, where they then appear on the list of offenders. We tell everyone in N America to turn it off on the mobile app unless they are the few without a corporate card. Now with it also on the web version this will become a bigger challenge

dawkinsc

That's a great idea.  How do they turn it off on the mobile app?  Most of my users are on mobile. 

aprosnik
Occasional Member - Level 1

Profile, Settings.  I had to download the stupid app to find it myself.

pettyjohn

@KevinD, as an admin, can I turn off ExpenseIt corporately for all employees? 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@pettyjohn I'm sending you a private message about this.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Regina

@pettyjohn. Hi i have asked the same question and have been advised you cannot turn off for all employees. The only way this can be done is to speak with your Account Manager.

claireswiss
New Member - Level 1

expensit is a pain. either you make it work properly, or you deactivate this completely. expenses are automatically allocated to a geography (always wrong) and to a expense category, which is almost always wrong too. Even the currency is automatically chosen, and it also is almost always wrong. 

NMP

Taking a picture of the receipt is not always ideal.  Shadows are created and the image not clear.  Is there any way to get the ability to send a PDF image of the receipt to the Available receipts que.  Much appreciated

dawkinsc

There are a few different things my teams are doing.  Send as much stuff to email as possible.  You can click a receipt from email to download it, then when the device asks where to save it, choose Concur.  Obviously the device has to have Concur app for it to work.  Also Uber has 'Download PDF' on the receipts within their app, same thing, click it and choose Concur when it asks where to save.  When it comes to restaurant and gas receipts (little paper ones), I suggest using either an outside app like CamSanner or GeniusScan, or using the Concur app (First click Add receipt, then Take photo, in that order) however, you are still taking a picture but it does skew it better.  GeniusScan has filters to help with the quality. 

Hope some of this is useful to you.  Cheers!

dawkinsc

I agree with @karakitt, as I am only using the non mobile application and do not need the ExpenseIt feature.  It also presumes the item as cash, when in actuality it was a card transaction and also incorrect with other details.  Not only am I a user, but I am an approver and it's causing major issues for people who just want their receipts in the Available receipts section.  We do not want Concur to create the expense for us.  Sometimes we like to add multiple receipts to be added later to one expense item.  There are different uses, but the idea of having "receipts" in Available receipts was a good concept from the beginning.  Just turn it off completely!  If users want to create an expense, we know how.  

shirleym

I raised a case on this - it is absolutely absurd and I can’t find a work around - I had hoped to be able to detach the receipt from the automatically created cash claim and then delete the cash claim but no such luck. I raised a case but just told it is an improvement and case will be closed. I am actually dreading trying to plough my way through this - I tried ordering my claims by amount to match them up and NONE of them matched - I barely know where to start. Next step is to invite support to actually support me in doing this so they can see just how insane it is! 

dawkinsc

Oh good!  Yea, its horrible and even though there is a "remove" option for the receipt, it does not work on the desktop version of Concur.  It must be only for the mobile app, (I assume)  I don't think the options available should differ, although some things might be available on the desktop that are not on the app, but not the other way around.  Hopefully the developers will turn this thing around soon.  

CoreyM

Good luck with even trying to get an answer from concur. I've been using concur for many years now and it seems that they're constantly trying to get too cute with their so called updates. I'm not sure who in the heck is advising them on their updates but they need to pay closer attention to their actual customers before they end up losing more business. I know we're contemplating finding and or changing to a different system for our expenses due to lack of support and willingness to listen to their customers. I can't even get someone to answer a simple question pertaining to that latest foolish update they forced on us. When using the app the camera stays set to auto and start snapping pictures of anything it thinks may be a receipt. I have to physically click to auto button to turn that crap off with every single receipt capture I do when using the app. As someone mentioned previously, concur seems to be worried about being too cute with their updates and less worried about their own customers that keep them afloat!!

Krhodes

Was this a recent change.  We are having issues as well but were using expense it prior without issues.  

dawkinsc

@Krhodes it must have been some type of more recent enhancement to what already existed as Expense it, because we didn't have these issues last year when they may have launched it.  I saw one person trying to figure out how to turn it on, which was a bit shocking when most of us want it off.  The other way the receipts were being added was working just fine.  This change is not good for most.  

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Krhodes yes, this was a recent change for the US, UK, Canada and Australia customers using ExpenseIt. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Jszechi

also having this problem - there should be a way to turn off the Expense it feature on the website, not just via mobile! thank you for flagging this to them .. sorry their responses havent been great! 

alackmann
New Member - Level 1

Thanks for raising this issue. The change in behaviour to automatically create expenses from emailed receipts is a regression in my opinion.

In my use-case, ALL of our expenses items are automatically created via an integration from our corporate credit cards. As such there is no reason to create a new expense item. We have a workflow that emails receipts to Concur for credit card purchases made for online services (eg. SaaS applications). This was working well before the change.

Since the behaviour change - now there are duplicate "Cash" items created on each email. This is extremely unhelpful as the receipt is connected to that item only and cannot be detached OR attached to the credit card expense items.

I've turned off ExpenseIt - but this still creates Cash Expense items, but simply doesn't connect them into an Expense report.

As-is this has completely broken any ability to automate emailing receipts into Concur for online purchases. The only work around appears to manually detach PDFs from the emails from vendors and manually upload these into Concur. This seems the very opposite of the outcomes that Concur is trying to achieve.