cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nolanjc
New Member - Level 1

How do I deal with a fraudulent charge?

My corporate card got stolen, and someone made charges on it.  I immediately called the bank to cancel it and issue a new one.  Unfortunately, that person had already made one purchase with the card.  The bank issued a charge back on that charge.  However, now that charge back is showing up as a negative expense in my Concur, and I have no idea what to do with it.  I don't see any place to denote it was a fraudulent charge and that this is a debit back to my company.  I also don't see a way to create an expense report that clarifies the charge is fraudulent.  Does anyone have any idea how I can handle this?  Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@nolanjc there are only two ways to handle this situation:

1. If the fraudulent charge (positive amount) is still in your Available Expenses, which it should be...add it and the refund (negative amount charge) to the same report so they will zero each other out. Submit that report.

2. If the fraudulent charge was already submitted for some reason, then you will need to wait until you have more corporate card charges come in that total more than the refund amount. Once you have that, add all new corp card charges and the refund to the same report and submit.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
nolanjc
New Member - Level 1

@KevinD Thank you for your responses, Kevin.  It appears only the negative amount is still present in Concur, as I called the bank when the card was stolen in order to cancel the card, and I believe they canceled the charge.  So it would seem the only way I can address the expense is to take the second approach you mention above?  There is no way for an admin to remove the negative expense manually?  Thanks

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@nolanjc your admin can hide the transactions so it no longer appears for you. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.