cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asya_Danilova
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hotel Itemization

Hello!

We are planning to launch itemization for Hotel/Lodging Expense Type. Yet, we don't have Travel Allowance on. Does anyone have relevant experience and can share it? We are extremely interested in the way it works with card transactions and e-receipts!

Thank you,

Asya

5 REPLIES 5
rohanpatil
Super User
Super User

Hello @Asya_Danilova 

It will help if you add more information on what you are looking for. In general, users input the check-in and check-out dates on the main screen. Then use the itemization screens to split the expense into individual expense types. The screens will look the same for credit cards and e-receipts. Only some information may be pre-filled. I believe that there is enhancement possible to auto-itemize. However, I have not seen it work personally.

rohanpatil_1-1690897828056.png

rohanpatil_2-1690897910401.png

rohanpatil_3-1690897991486.pngrohanpatil_4-1690898015118.png

rohanpatil_5-1690898049718.png

rohanpatil_6-1690898080824.png

Best regards,
Rohan

Asya_Danilova

Thank you, it is quite informative!

Can you advise if you have Travel Allowance turned on in your company? 

We don't, and in our test environment itemization looks a bit shortened, like this:

Asya_Danilova_0-1690899521352.pngAsya_Danilova_1-1690899544435.png

rohanpatil
Super User
Super User

Hi @Asya_Danilova 

I am glad the response was informative. Earlier screenshots were with a user having employee group with Travel allowance. This one is from a user without Travel allowance.

Note: Perhaps you see similar screen when you choose a date range with more than one night.

rohanpatil_0-1690900640558.png

Best regards,

Rohan

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Asya_Danilova hello there. Could you clarify on what you are interested in. You mention both hotel itemization and Travel Allowance. Are you interested in how hotel itemization works without Travel Allowance on or with it turned on? I wasn't quite clear on what you are looking for.

If you are interested in Card Transactions/E-Receipts in regards to hotel itemization only, if the user has E-receipts activated on their profile and designated their corp card to receive e-receipts, then when the card transaction comes in and matches to the e-receipt, the system will auto itemize the entry. Keep in mind if you have any custom fields for your entries, those will need to be filled out by the user. However, the rest of the charges will be split out by the system and broken down on a day-by-day basis therefore saving the user a considerable amount of time.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Asya_Danilova

Hello Kevin!

Thank you for the explanation. We are interested in itemization without Travel Allowance. Can you please verify if the system still splits all child expenses per day, even if we have no Travel Allowance?

I thought the splitting will be depend on expense categories only: like total amount for accomodation in hotel, total amount for laundry etc. Seems interesting and I guess we need more testing before implementation then.