cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tcenta
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hertz car rental overcharge

Hello,

I would like some advice on how to handle an overcharge on my Hertz car rental for a recent business trip. After I returned the car I was e-mailed the receipt. I noticed on it that Hertz charged $400 for "OUTSIDE WASHING". Unbelievable. I e-mailed Hertz and they apologized for the error and said I could expect a refund in 7-10 business day. Also, if I do not hear back that I should "contact my bank."  My question is how do I submit my expense report with this $400 extra charge? Also, does the refund show up in my expenses? What happens if I do not hear back and have to "contact my bank"? I guess if this were on my personal credit card I would dispute the charge. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Tony Centa

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tcenta if this charge was on your corporate card, wait for the refund to show up in your available expenses. You should see a charge for -$400. Add this and the incorrect charge to the same report. They will cancel each other out.

Do not submit the $400 charge by itself. Let it sit there until the refund comes in.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
StevenVis

See my reponse on TCenta message. I got refund on 1st receipt I saw additional cost charged on my receipt. It is processed expence -Euro, how to process?

StevenVis

I would be interested as wel. I'm in contact with Hertz about additional kilometers recorded on my receipts (w/o extra payment), now for 2nd time and they cannot explain.