cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sand_2021
Occasional Member - Level 2

Getting error message No posting can be made to profit center

Employee is submitting expense to different company code cost center and getting error message No posting can be made to profit center while posting the document in SAP. We verified in concur that employee is doing allocation correctly. Please advise.

10 REPLIES 10
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

dear @Sand_2021 

I would assume the issues is not on the Concur set up but on the SAP which maybe have those cost center closed for the specific company the employee did post it on Concur. Did you ask already to the technical person within your company who is dealing with SAP queries? 

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
Sand_2021

Hello Munari,

Thank you for your response. I verified the cost center is not locked for posting and it is active in SAP.  Please advise if we have to check any other settings.

Thanks,

Sandy

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sand_2021 I sent you a private message here on the Community. I'll await your reply to that message.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Sand_2021

Employee Name is :  Ariana Rodriguez.   This employee is posting intercompany charges. We did not get any error message when intercompany transaction was posted in April month by Dennis Key . 

Thanks,

Sandy

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sand_2021 the only thing I noticed is that in the Posting Failed message it said that no postings to profit center 208010 could be made. However, the profit center number listed in the error message is not complete. It is missing some zeroes. That is the only thing I can see that doesn't match up. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Sand_2021

Below is the allocation screen shot. The cost center used  is 20801000

Sand_2021_0-1622150876459.jpeg

In SAP I verified the profit center it is correct as shown in the error message :

Sand_2021_1-1622150999901.png

Thanks,

Sandy

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

I thought maybe the difference in the amount of zeros in the two numbers could be the issue, but I guess not. 

I don't know if you have submitted a Support ticket yet, but that is what I would suggest unless there is someone else here on the Community that has integrated Concur with SAP. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Durgab
New Member - Level 1

Hi all,

I am also facing the similar issue where the postings from concur are failing with the error "No Postings can be made to Profit center 4100 in company code 3000".

We couldn't able post the expense reports where the costs should be charged to a different company code (4000 and 8000) than the company code of the Employee (3000).

So Please suggest your insights and help me resolve this issue(Except the solution of extending the Profit center to other company codes).

Regards,

Durga

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Durgab from reading this thread, it sounds like an issue with the setup of your ERP system. 

Maybe try posting this question in the User Admin group. You will need to request to join that group. If you do not get a response there, you might want to submit a help ticket to SAP Concur Support.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Innovel
Occasional Member - Level 1

@Sand_2021 This error is generally related to the profit centre not extended to the company code in question i.e. the only used in your expense claim. Please use transaction KE52 to extend the profit center to the company code. 

Hope this helps.