cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Smiles123
Occasional Member - Level 2

FCM Travel Invoice into Concur Expense

Hi All

We are in process of implementing Concur expense. A Travel/Lodge corporate card feed will come from our bank into Concur. This travel lodge card is used by FCM to charge for travel. We are trying to understand whether a) FCM could send travel invoices to Concur Expense accounts of our employees and b) Match the Card transaction (bank) to the invoice (FCM)

Looking forward to thoughts/responses

Thanks

2 Solutions
Solution
NTS
Super User
Super User

Hi @Smiles123 

I think that it could be possible only if FCM can create receipts automatically like Uber, Amazon, etc. Otherwise I think it's not possible, all receipts/invoices sent directly to Concur Expense are stored as receipt not as expense entry (that's what concur matches with the cc).

Let's hope if @KevinD  or other colleague have more info.

Regards

View solution in original post

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Smiles123 Since @NTS tagged me, I'll offer my opinion. Also, let me preference my response by saying Lodge Cards aren't something I've worked with much. However, my understanding of the Lodge Card for charging Air, Car and Hotel is to make is simpler for travelers and also reduces the number of items they need to submit since the Lodge Card is technically assigned to everyone. If I were implementing a Lodge Card, I would lean towards not having the items booked on the Lodge Card flow to Concur Expense as it could cause confusion to the employees and since they aren't reconciling the Lodge Card, why have them do this extra work of either deleting out the Travel/Itinerary items or adding them to an expense report?

As for the invoice or e-receipt that goes with these itinerary items, I'm not sure how that works and whether the e-receipts will flow into the traveler's account. I believe the lodge card transactions can flow to the user's account, but from what I have seen most customers that I've come across using Lodge Cards, they do not do this. However, if you decide to go this route, I think you can have the lodge card transactions be set to a payment type of Company Paid, which allows users to submit for total trip cost tracking purposes, but will not reimburse the employee.

I hope this helps.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
NTS
Super User
Super User

Hi @Smiles123 

I think that it could be possible only if FCM can create receipts automatically like Uber, Amazon, etc. Otherwise I think it's not possible, all receipts/invoices sent directly to Concur Expense are stored as receipt not as expense entry (that's what concur matches with the cc).

Let's hope if @KevinD  or other colleague have more info.

Regards

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Smiles123 Since @NTS tagged me, I'll offer my opinion. Also, let me preference my response by saying Lodge Cards aren't something I've worked with much. However, my understanding of the Lodge Card for charging Air, Car and Hotel is to make is simpler for travelers and also reduces the number of items they need to submit since the Lodge Card is technically assigned to everyone. If I were implementing a Lodge Card, I would lean towards not having the items booked on the Lodge Card flow to Concur Expense as it could cause confusion to the employees and since they aren't reconciling the Lodge Card, why have them do this extra work of either deleting out the Travel/Itinerary items or adding them to an expense report?

As for the invoice or e-receipt that goes with these itinerary items, I'm not sure how that works and whether the e-receipts will flow into the traveler's account. I believe the lodge card transactions can flow to the user's account, but from what I have seen most customers that I've come across using Lodge Cards, they do not do this. However, if you decide to go this route, I think you can have the lodge card transactions be set to a payment type of Company Paid, which allows users to submit for total trip cost tracking purposes, but will not reimburse the employee.

I hope this helps.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Smiles123

Thankyou!

Smiles123

We are looking at webservices to receive the FCM receipt/invoices - any experience/advise on how this works - pros/cons?