cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
weigm2
Occasional Member - Level 1

Expense Type not available - 'Late payment charges'

There is an alert on the transaction saying "Please use 'Late payment charges' expense type for this cost". However, that Expense Type is not available in the drop down list. How do I change this please?

weigm2_0-1706240242136.png

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@weigm2 the reason for this is because your expense report has the Procurement policy selected. The Late payment charges expense type is inactive for this policy.

I see you have more than one company card assigned to you. I can see you have a Statement Report in your profile, so that tells me you have a P-Card. However, the payment type for the late fees is a slightly different payment type, which is tied to a different type of card. My guess is it is a company card for T&E.

I think if you change the Policy to something other than Procurement, you will be able to see the Late payment charges expense type. To change the Policy, click Report Details>Report Header.

That should do it.

This message brought to you by your friendly neighborhood moderator. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@weigm2 the reason for this is because your expense report has the Procurement policy selected. The Late payment charges expense type is inactive for this policy.

I see you have more than one company card assigned to you. I can see you have a Statement Report in your profile, so that tells me you have a P-Card. However, the payment type for the late fees is a slightly different payment type, which is tied to a different type of card. My guess is it is a company card for T&E.

I think if you change the Policy to something other than Procurement, you will be able to see the Late payment charges expense type. To change the Policy, click Report Details>Report Header.

That should do it.

This message brought to you by your friendly neighborhood moderator. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
weigm2
Occasional Member - Level 1

Fantastic, thanks Kevin! That worked 🙂