cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SMK04
Occasional Member - Level 1

Expense Type - Parent

I am very new to Concur Expense. In order to associate an expense type to a Parent, how are the Parents defined? Is this a default list or can I create my own Parent? Also, where do I access the Parent list of options?

1 REPLY 1
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SMK04 here are the details for the question you asked.

If you have the Expense Configuration Administrator (Unrestricted) role assigned, you can add or modify expense types by following these steps:

1. Click Administration > Expense > Expense Admin > Expense Types
  2. Click New
  3. Insert the required fields: Name, Spend Category
  4. The option for Has this Parent must be set to None (otherwise a new Expense Type instead of a new Parent Category would be created). 
  1. Select the desired options for the following: Available for, Show on Mobile device & Itemization
  2. Click Next
  3. Under Enabled for these Policy Names choose which policy or policies this parent category will be available for and under For an Expense Entry use this form choose the form(s) to use
  4. Click Next
  5. Optional steps: Formulas and Attendees
  6. Click Next & Next
  7. Account codes are not typically tied to Parent Categories, no need to select any Account codes
  8. Click Done
  9. The Parent Expense Type is hereby created. However, in order for it to show in the search for Find Expense Types where > Parent Expense Type you have to add one or more Expense Types under this new Parent.

If you do not have the role above, please submit a case to SAP Concur Support and request to update your expense types.

Use the template below when requesting a new Parent Expense Category:

• Name of parent expense category
  • Spend Category
  • Form to Use/parent expense category to copy (Is there an existing parent expense category you would like us to copy or mirror for the new parent?)
  • Activate under which policy

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.