cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
myallaly
Occasional Member - Level 2

Expense Report Approve and Forward Button

Can anyone provide guidance as to why the "APPROVE and FORWARD" button on an expense report is sometimes available and sometimes not? I am an Admin who approves reports via random audit as well as my direct reports' submissions. I am unable to find any rhyme or reason why sometimes the Approve and Forward button is available and sometimes not.

I do know of the work around using the Approval Workflow option under Report Details, however this option does not provide a field for any notes/comments to the additional approver. Therefore this is not the preferred method to direct expenses for a one-off additional approval.

1 Solution
Solution
myallaly

Thank you for your input. 

My team found out that the Approve and Forward button is only available to the assigned approver. If someone is approving as an Expense Processer it is not available and we have to use the Workflow under Report Details. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
joffyjob_krones
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi @myallaly 

Approve & Forward option is set at the Workflow settings page. It is possible that your company uses multiple workflows where this option is not enabled for all. 

Solution
myallaly

Thank you for your input. 

My team found out that the Approve and Forward button is only available to the assigned approver. If someone is approving as an Expense Processer it is not available and we have to use the Workflow under Report Details.