cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leslie_zinger
Occasional Member - Level 1

Error with Pipe Character in expense report

I"m attempting to create a new expense report with the requirement that the form area "business purpose" is filled in with some information.  If I leave it blank, I get error "Required Field" and if I put anything at all in the form, it kicks out error "Entry may not include the Pipe character: |" even though I am NOT using the Pipe character.  I cannot input any expenses or start a report until this form entry check is corrected.

5 REPLIES 5
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@leslie_zinger Hello there. I did a little investigating and the way your site is setup it indeed is set to not allow Pipe characters. However, I think that this setting is maybe causing the issue. I've not seen anyone use this validation option before. 

Because this is related to a field you have to fill out on your report, you will need the person at your company who is in charge of SAP Concur to get this fixed. I found a name that you can reach out that may be able to help get the issue resolved. I'll send her name to you in a private message here on the Community. Check the little envelope icon in the upper right corner here in about two minutes. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
ahmed_eh74

Hello,

I have the pipe character issue on Andriod devices when I use the app.

How can this be resolved?

Regards,

Ahmed

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ahmed_eh74 is the mobile app stating that the field cannot have a pipe character? Do you experience the same issue when using SAP Concur for web? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ahmed_eh74 this isn't something you would be able to change or fix, but your company's site administrator will need to submit a help ticket to SAP Concur Support. For now, you will need to use the web version of SAP Concur to get around the issue. 

You could try doing a hard reboot of your phone and see if that fixes the issue. Also, make sure the app is up to date.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
ahmed_eh74

Only with Mobile App.

It is Andriod