cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaluckb
Routine Member - Level 1

Error - Circular Reference occurs in nightly feed

We are getting "BI Manager has a circular reference" error for our CFO as our CFO reports to the CEO and the CEO reports to the CFO for approvals within Concur. We need to keep this reporting/approval structure in place. Can you suggest best practice to handle this scenario?

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kaluckb BI Manager is not part of the workflow it is related to the Business Intelligence or Cognos reporting. By default, the assigned approver for a user is also their BI Manager.

What a lot of our customers do is activate the BI Manager field so it will appear on the User Profile screen that site admins have access to. That way you can assign someone else as the BI Manager to these two users manually rather than having to use an employee import to make the updates.

You would need to submit a help ticket to SAP Concur support since this change requires unrestricted access to admin functions. Unless you have taken the Advanced Configuration Training we offer, you will not have this access.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kaluckb BI Manager is not part of the workflow it is related to the Business Intelligence or Cognos reporting. By default, the assigned approver for a user is also their BI Manager.

What a lot of our customers do is activate the BI Manager field so it will appear on the User Profile screen that site admins have access to. That way you can assign someone else as the BI Manager to these two users manually rather than having to use an employee import to make the updates.

You would need to submit a help ticket to SAP Concur support since this change requires unrestricted access to admin functions. Unless you have taken the Advanced Configuration Training we offer, you will not have this access.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Kaluckb
Routine Member - Level 1

@KevinDThanks so much! I have submitted a ticket and will get myself signed up for the next advance configuration training. Appreciate the assist.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kaluckb happy to help. Do you know who to contact about Advanced Configuration training? If not, send an email to: training@concur.com.

Also, just so you are aware, there is a cost to attend that training. 🙂

BTW...I know the trainers that facilitate that class, they are excellent.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Kaluckb
Routine Member - Level 1

@KevinD We have activated the BI Manager for this particular user group but it does not allow me to add anyone other than the Manager/Expense Approver as the BI Manager?  I have gone back and forth with the SAP Support team and they've yet to provide a workable solution.   What settings need to shift to allow an independent BI Manager?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kaluckb one requirement to be able to add someone as a BI Manager is they must have the Expense Approver checkbox selected on their profile. They don't need to actually approve expense reports, but they do need this permission so that you can search for them in the BI Manager field. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey