cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rich_Hinkle
New Member - Level 1

Enter a missing receipt affidavit

I am needing to enter a missing receipt affidavit in the Sap Concur App. The instructions I have found say the following:

To create a declaration for your missing receipt within the SAP Concur mobile app follow these instructions:

1. From within the mobile application, select the expense entry to which you want to add the Missing Receipt Declaration.
  2. At the top of the expense details, select Add Receipt.
  3. From the list of options that appear, select Missing Receipt Declaration.
  4. On the Disclaimer and Agreement screen, select Accept

The problem is that I do not have an option which says "Missing Receipt Declaration".

Can anyone offer the correct procedure?

19 REPLIES 19
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Rich_Hinkle Those are the correct steps, so I'm not sure why you don't see that option. Here are a few suggestions:

1. Make sure you have the latest version of the app.

2. Do a hard reboot of your mobile phone.

3. If options 1 and 2 don't work, use the desktop version to see if the option is there. 

I looked at your company's site and the set up does have the MRD turned on for both policies that you are assigned. I'm a little befuddled here. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

If a receipt of any kind is already attached to an eligible expense, the Missing Receipt Affidavit option will not show as it is not finding an eligible expense.  We also have audit rules to prevent certain expense types from allowing the affidavit and a separate audit rule for a $ limit.  Audit Rules can make the expense ineligible so the option to select the affidavit does not appear.  Maybe there are some audit rules preventing the expense from using the affidavit.  

Also, for the expense you are having trouble with, does the same thing happen when you try from the desktop site, or does it work there?  Maybe a phone compatibility issue...?

DLamont
daeas
New Member - Level 1

Did not help using desktop version.  Possibly an audit rule as it is only a $5 expense but it prevents me from submitting the report.

mwatford
Occasional Member - Level 2

I am having this issue as well. I'm our Concur admin, and I just had to send a report back to an employee so that they could replace their handwritten "missing receipt" images for Missing Receipt Affidavits. They asked me how to do it, and they were using the app. I went into my own app and created a test expense item so I could send them a screenshot, and found that I do not have the option to add a Missing Receipt Affidavit, when trying to follow the instructions the OP was also trying to follow. The employee also sent me a screenshot, and they don't have the option either. They are using iOS, I am using Android. My app is up-to-date, I am not sure about theirs. We are able to add the MRAs using the website. Any ideas why this is working for us on the website but not the app? Thank you!

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mwatford Hard for me to give a concrete answer, but it could be that the expense entry doesn't require a receipt. I looked at your receipt limits and see they are set to $25. So, do you know if the user was trying to attach an MRA to an entry that was less than $25? If so, that is likely the issue. If the entry doesn't require a receipt, I believe the MRA option will not be available. 

I cannot test it out myself in your site because the MRA is not available when acting as a Proxy or Delegate.

So, if you can ask the user what the amount of the entry is they are trying to attach the MRA to, we can go from there. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
mwatford

Each of the employee's expenses needing an MRA are over the $25 threshold. Additionally, when I did my own test, I made sure to make my test expense over $25 as well. Also, I detached the images she had originally attached to her transactions, so I know that isn't the issue either. Thank you!

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mwatford Hmmm...I was hoping the amount was the issue. Can you take screenshots of your mobile phone showing that the MRA isn't available, please? If you could show the entry on the expense report with the receipt image required icon, then a screenshot of you drilled into the entry, then a screenshot of the options you have when you press Attach Receipt, that would be great. You should be able to paste the images right here on the Community in your reply. If you don't want to post them publicly, you can send them to me in a private message. Just click on my username (KevinD). You'll see a Message button.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
mwatford

I went in to my app to get the screenshots and found that the MRA is now appearing for me. Since I wasn't seeing it previously and now could, I asked the employee to try again and hers was now available as well. I do have a screenshot she sent me initially showing that the MRA was not listed as an option, but since it all seems to be working now, I think we're good to go. Thank you, I appreciate the help!

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mwatford Great to hear. I guess the app was just having a "moment". 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
imonticelli
Occasional Member - Level 3

I do not have the Missing Receipt Declaration in my Receipts drop-down menu. How can I add the option? 

@imonticelli there are two main reasons this doesn't appear:

1. The entry itself does not require a receipt based on your company's receipt requirements

2. The policy assigned to the Employee group you belong to, doesn't have this activated. 

My guess is reason number two that I listed is why you do not see it. As an alternative, you can use the comment field explaining why you do not have a receipt. However, it might be possible that your company will not allow an entry that requires a receipt to be submitted. If that is the case, I suggest speaking with your direct manager about how to proceed. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
imonticelli
Occasional Member - Level 3

Thanks Kevin. I do believe it is not activated. who will activate this option? My Manager does not work with Concur, I am pretty sure he doesn't know how to do it. Can you guys do it for us?

@imonticelli you will need to submit a support ticket to SAP Concur for this. I myself cannot do this, but SAP Concur Support should be able to.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
drewmitchell
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi Kevin,

I am having the same issue with and I am with North Sails. Wondering if you could give me a hand sorting out this issue. 

leedau
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@drewmitchell Can you provide more on  your issue and what you need assistance with? I look forward to hearing from you. 

Thank you,
Lee-Anne Dautovic
SAP Concur Community Moderator
drewmitchell

To create a declaration for your missing receipt within the SAP Concur mobile app follow these instructions:

1. From within the mobile application, select the expense entry to which you want to add the Missing Receipt Declaration.
  2. At the top of the expense details, select Add Receipt.
  3. From the list of options that appear, select Missing Receipt Declaration.
  4. On the Disclaimer and Agreement screen, select Accept

The problem is that I do not have an option which says "Missing Receipt Declaration".

Can anyone offer the correct procedure or why it is not working for me?

leedau
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@drewmitchell Thanks for following up in the SAP Concur Community. I see that this is currently not enabled in your configuration. You will need to reach out to your Concur Administrator. Do you need me to send your a contact at your company for your Concur Administrator?

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Lee-Anne Dautovic
SAP Concur Community Moderator
drewmitchell

• Yes could you please send me the contact of the NS concur administrator 
andilillemoen23
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Good Afternoon,

You (if you are the administrator) will need to put in a request through concur support with the missing receipt affidavit messaging and the policy that you want is assigned to.   They will add it to the policy and then you will have the option to utilize it.

Have a good day!

Andi