cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MeganP
Occasional Member - Level 1

Edit out repetitive attendee names?

Hello, 

This is new for me in my last 2 reports. I have been using concur for several years now. When I add say JOHN SMITH from ABC company very often it will have 20 options and some will say :A B C CO." or "abc company LLC"  or  "ABC & Company" but it is all the SAME company.   I am getting kick backs form the approvers saying they want me to add all the attendees under the same exact name for all the attendees.   my question is how can I get all the incorrect names OFF my list and only have the correct ones there? It is painful when I get a kick back for one bc there is a Co. versus Company. It took me 10 days to get my MD to submit his report only to have it kicked back for this and now he is off on vacation until next week. 

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MeganP the reason for that is due to others adding John Smith to their reports, which isn't anything you can prevent. However, if you have one John Smith that is a regular attendee, you can add him to your Favorites.

Sound like you are doing a search for the name John Smith is that why you are seeing so many?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
MeganP
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi Kevin, this is more of the issue. when people added their own names for the same company not all of them are exactly the same.  for example this was just kicked back at me.  I want to be able to cull my lists or EDIT existing names

Update the full company name for the clients, if they are from same firm. Kindly maintain consistency while updating company names when the clients are from the same firm.
o Currently, the company name listed are, “Wellington Management”, “WELLINGTON MANAGEMENT COMPANY LLP”, “Wellington Management and Research” and “WELLINGTON MANAGEMENT COMPANY”.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MeganP from an end user's perspective, you can only edit the names that are shown in your Favorites list. If you are a site admin, you can edit the entire master list of attendees that have been entered by others. Have you tried using your Favorite Attendees screen to make some changes?

The problem is your colleagues do not know which people from Wellington Management you have added to your reports so they create a new attendee. Then you end up with several different entries for Wellington. 

As for the message you received, apparently someone is monitoring attendees being entered, but I'm not sure how they expect you to keep track of what the acceptable way to enter a firm's name. 

I'm not sure what else you can do if you are not an admin of the site. Maybe if you reach out to your site admin, you can get some better insight of what the expectation is for keeping track of the different ways people are entering the different companies and firms you work with. 

I'd start by editing your own Favorites list.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.