Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harsha
Super User
Super User

Display Balance Amount

Hello All,

Our company allows an expense that can be claimed by the employees every calendar year. We have set up an audit rule in Concur to prompt an employee when the limit is reached.

Is there a way to display the balance available to the employee? For example, if the allowance is $500 and the employee has claimed $100, can we display the available balance as $400 in Concur?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Harsha

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Harsha I want to preface my response with, I certainly do not have all the answers when it comes to SAP Concur products. However, I have been around a while and know what I have and have not seen. I have yet to see what you are asking for. I lean towards the answer being that it isn't possible, but I would like to see if others on this Community have had any experience with something like what you are asking. 

If you are wanting to provide users a way to see their current balance, I can offer a workaround. You could use Cognos reporting to Burst a report to all Approvers. The bursting ensures each approver only sees data for those they are the assigned approver. The report could show the current amount they have spent on that expense type. I believe you could create a calculation in the Cognos report to subtract the current amount spent by the yearly total to see what they have left over. The bursting also allows for sending the report via email to each approver so they can share it with their teams. 

Let me know if this is something you think might work for you.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Harsha I want to preface my response with, I certainly do not have all the answers when it comes to SAP Concur products. However, I have been around a while and know what I have and have not seen. I have yet to see what you are asking for. I lean towards the answer being that it isn't possible, but I would like to see if others on this Community have had any experience with something like what you are asking. 

If you are wanting to provide users a way to see their current balance, I can offer a workaround. You could use Cognos reporting to Burst a report to all Approvers. The bursting ensures each approver only sees data for those they are the assigned approver. The report could show the current amount they have spent on that expense type. I believe you could create a calculation in the Cognos report to subtract the current amount spent by the yearly total to see what they have left over. The bursting also allows for sending the report via email to each approver so they can share it with their teams. 

Let me know if this is something you think might work for you.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

Thank you @KevinD . We are using the Cognos reporting to provide an update on the balance for this particular expense type. I was more wondering if anyone has a solution for real-time display of balance.

Regards,

Harsha

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Harsha I've not come across any real-time display of the running total for an expense type. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey