cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dworth
Routine Member - Level 1

Difference between Concur Standard versus Professional

Hi,

In a discussion with consultants, I just heard there are two versions of Concur...  What are the differences/pros/cons of each?

Thanks!!

Darryl Worth
American Society of Hematology
26 REPLIES 26
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'll give you the major difference: Much more customization with Professional as far as employee groups, policies, forms and fields, audit rules, custom workflows, etc.

I lied, I'll give you one more major difference: time to implement with Standard is way less.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
dworth
Routine Member - Level 1

Ok...  so, is there a test area/demo/video that shows these differences?  The reason I am asking is because we are still struggling to get Concur up and running using some "basic" workflows.  We did, after some time, find out there are some COA options (THANK YOU USERS GROUP) but it seems like that is not exactly what we are looking for as it has some "limitations."  Realistically, we are not asking for something that is overly complicated but I guess it doesn't fit within the Standard box.

Thanks!!

Darryl Worth
American Society of Hematology
Jefffuller
Occasional Member - Level 1

Thanks for the info.

Are you able to track or be notified if employees do not show up for their flight and hotel reseverations? 

If so, is this available for both standard and professional?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jefffuller I've not heard of anything like this.

I think you would need to sneak an Apple Air tag into their luggage or something to track them. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Jefffuller

HAHA! We may hold off on that. Thank you. 🙂

Does this impact reporting on employee locations in case of emergency?

Additionally, is there any visibility or notification if an employee cancels (for credits - I understand we would see this on oir company card) or changes a flight directly with an airline after it was booked via concur?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jefffuller Hmm, good question about emergencies. I'm not sure, but I know that we do have something for duty of care. The system would know where the traveler should be based on their booking, but if they don't get on the flight, the system wouldn't know that.

Most likely there isn't anything that notifies anyone else if the traveler cancels. If they make a change directly with the airline, SAP Concur wouldn't have a record of that.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
tjbmoreno
Routine Member - Level 2

We started with Standard and migrated to Professional.  Happy to discuss the differences. Message me and we can set up a time to talk.

terri.moreno@anaren.com

Terri Moreno
Looking for new opportunities!
Anaren, Inc. - Travel Manager - Syracuse, NY
narmbrust

Hi

Can you tell me what you found to be the major differnce between Standard and Professional? We have standard and we are finding alot of issues with fields that we need to be mandatory for our business.

Thanks!

luke_finnemore
New Member - Level 1

Hi there - 

Considering making the move from the Standard version of Invoice and T&E to Professional. Would anyone be able to discuss the pinchpoints that resulted in the migration to Pro?

Thanks a million,

Luke

I can tell you a few limitations of Standard and some things to consider to see if migrating to professional is the way to go. 

1. If you need to have multiple workflows, professional allows this. This is if different groups of employees in your company need to have different approval routings for some reason.

2. If you have or want multiple ledgers for your expenses.

3. If you want to use alternate account codes for expense types and have them tracked for more than 10 of your company entities. For example, if your company uses Department to track expenses and each department has their own GL Code for expenses. Standard edition allows you to have alternate codes, but for only 10 departments (or whatever custom field you need). Professional allows for much more.

4. If you need to have different policies for your employees. Policies determine how a user will "use" the system. Standard doesn't really have Policies like this. 

These are just a few things to consider. There are others things to take into account, but these are some of the most common. 

I hope this helps.

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
deepakashokgupt

Do we have any Feature Comparison document for Expense Configuration? 

@deepakashokgupt yes there is. If you send me your email address, I can send you a copy. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
deepakashokgupt

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the quick response. 

My email address is "gupta.deepak@hotmail.com"

Thanks,

-Deepak Gupta

deepakashokgupt

Hi Kevin,

Have you shared the file with me? 

Thanks,

-Deepak Gupta

ngbharadwaj
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hey @KevinD , could you share the copy with me also on ngbharadwaj.sg@gmail.com. I'm helping a client identify the right fit for them and this will be super helpful. They are looking to implement both Expense & Travel.

bho
New Member - Level 2

Hi @KevinD,

Can you please send me @bho a copy of features comparison between Concur Standard and Professional? We want to implement custom GSA rates and we’re not sure which one our company should go for. Thanks. 

Best,

Brian

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bho I see you are on our Standard Configuration. The Standard product does not allow for custom rates. When you Travel Allowance is activated on a Standard Configuration, the system brings in the current published GSA Rates.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SPGAB

Kevin - I would like a copy of the Feature Comparison document between Concur Standard and Professional.  We currently have Standard and are considering moving to Professional.  stephanie.park@germanamerican.com.  Thank you!

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SPGAB I'll send it to you here on the Community in a private message.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SarahM1

Hi Kevin, are you able to send a copy of this? We recently had a call with relationship managers but they have only offered calls with consultants rather than a brief overview which is what we asked for.