cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bgriffin
Occasional Member - Level 3

Delegate who is also approver can not approve expense report if created by them.

I have assigned all approvers to be delegates of their employees.  In the case of a terminated employee or an employee is out on medical leave, the supervisor (delegate) is now responsible for creating the expense report.  Once the delegate submits the report, they can not approve the report.  

As the Admin, I should be able to approve the report but I'm unsure of how to find this report so I can approve it.  

If I add myself as a delegate too to everyone, will I be able to approve the final reports?  This is a struggle that I need fixed ASAP.  

6 REPLIES 6
bgriffin

Adding myself as a delegate for this employee didnt work.  

bgriffin

As the Admin/Final Approver and Payment processor, I was able to to to Process Report.  Search the employees name and it pulled up the pending expense report,  I now can approve it. This is not the best process.  It would be nice for it to have fallen in my approval queue.  

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bgriffin if you would have made yourself the delegate for all the approvers, you could have been notified these reports were ready to have manager approval. When adding yourself, just check the Can Approve checkbox. As long as you do not create the reports, this should work for you just fine. 🙂

Processors have never received approval notifications as the idea is processors, as part of their daily duties, would be checking reports that are ready for final approval. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
bgriffin

I appreciate the feature as I do not want all the notifications.  I'm still trying to figure out though how get the expense report to someone else to approve when the delegate who is actually the approver too creates the expense report and can not approve it. Should I make the delegates supervisor a delegate for the terminated employee.  Would this help to flow to the process?

MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@bgriffin That would work to make the Supervisor the delegate to create the report.  Then it can go to the Approver as they didn't create the report. 

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
bgriffin

The supervisor is assigned as the delegate.  When they create the report, it goes to them for approval and they can't approve it.  What I would like to do is assign myself as the final approval for the terminated employee,  So, when the delegate creates the report, it will come to me for final approval.  It didnt work.